Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Lead Mechanical Static Engineer to strengthen our Basrah Gas Company team in Iraq. This is a site based role on a rotational basis of 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off.
- Technical Assurance (engineering quality assurance and control)
- Resource management
- Standardization and replication across the Contract
- To lead and manage the mechanical engineering and design of Rotating and Static package equipment, involves rehabilitation, green and brown field engineering.
- To have single-point responsibility for all Mechanical Rotating and Static package equipment deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing, etc.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to rotating and static equipment packages.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Lead Mechanical Engineer /Project Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Minimum of 15 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- At least 12 months experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Relevant experience in Oil and Gas Operator organizations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!