Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Engineer – Process Automation Control & Optimization ( Technical Authority – Level 3) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This role is on a rotation basis based on 12 hours per day / 7 days per week – 4 Weeks ON / 4 Weeks OFF
The main purpose of the role is to provide PACO engineering support to projects, the accountabilities include:
- Reports to the P&E PACO Lead
- Establish a safety-first culture to project delivery based on Shell Life Saving Rules.
- Leading in the area of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and actively promoting the culture within the organization.
- Providing TA3 support to Lead PACO Engineer to assure technical integrity of projects throughout their life-cycle. This is done through technical review and assurance of the design, construction and commissioning of projects, such that plant changes are implemented according to appropriate technical standards.
- Ensuring contractor’s deliverables are as approved Discipline Delivery Plan and that these deliverables comply with the Technical Standards Philosophy. Where compliance is lacking, these need to be escalated to Lead PACO TA2 and other relevant authority levels.
- Provide Process Automation Control and Optimisation (PACO) expertise to support assigned Brownfield projects
- Selects the appropriate standards, vets and, if required, escalates requests for deviations from the approved Codes & Standards to the TA2
- Participates in technical and compliance verification exercises.
- Participates in critical HSSE reviews, including bow-ties, IPF/SIL, HAZOP and Alarm Management workshops
- Participates in FAT and site SAT.
- Support on the job training and development of Iraqi staff in performing the role of owner engineers.
- Works with vendors, Engineering Contractor and main MAC to deliver modifications and/or work packages safely, on time, and cost effectively
- Manage and coordinate the onsite activities of vendors associated with installation, commissioning and handover of HSSE critical items (including control and safeguarding systems) to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
- Provide engineering leadership for the execution associated with rehabilitation and upgrade of existing systems
- Build an excellent relationship and interface with all stakeholders and design/construction contractors.
- Provide innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information
- Ensure delivery of high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to their respective asset
- Providing assurance of integrity in the design of the facilities, specifically control and automation systems and network e.g. re-use or replacement of legacy control & automation systems and brown-field sites.
- Supports a robust re-instrumentation and control and safeguarding design in conjunction with the Main Automation Contractor (MAC) and selected PLC system integrators, including providing expertise in PLC, DCS and SIS during the implementation, pre-commissioning and commissioning phases.
- Supporting the implementation of fit for purpose designs for both brownfield and greenfield sites within an organisation that has had limited exposure to training and new technologies.
Skills / Qualifications
– Min. Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience
– 10+ years instrument and control engineering, construction and commissioning experience.
– 5+ years’ experience directly related to working with brownfield’s modifications to Control and Safeguarding Systems, including legacy pneumatic and relay-based systems.
– Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
– Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line oil and gas production operations is desirable.
– An HSSE driven mindset
– Experience in working in harsh geographical and /or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes) is desirable
– Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, i.e. fit-for-purpose solutions and cost effectiveness
– Deep knowledge of HSSE framework, International engineering standards for instrumentation, best practices, and systems.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!