Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Instrument Engineer on a 4/4 rotation based in Basra, Iraq.
An outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join an exciting division of the Rumaila Operating Organization (ROO). This role will have the opportunity to contribute in a positive way that will help build a sustainable future for ROO and the people of Iraq.
The Instrument & Control Engineering Team Lead will be a leadership and Subject Matter Expert position within the ROO Operations Engineering team reporting to the Engineering Manager. Leading a team of engineers across all areas of technical support focusing on discipline strategic development including tactical field I&C engineering support through the team. The incumbent is expected to lead the I&C modernisation & transformation programme for the Rumaila Operation and champion all aspects of good I&C systems management in an aging oilfield.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement
- Champion a culture of I&C excellence, manages all aspects of I&C discipline health within ROO, including competency, team size and recruitment. Coach, mentors and support the professional development of Iraqi national colleagues.
- Leads the prioritisation of work and allocation of resources for the discipline. Responsible for the quality of all work performed by the team.
- Supports design reviews including HAZOP studies and HAZID/ENVID reviews. Safety instrumentation and knowledge of requirements coming from IEC61508 / IEC61511
- Supports ROOs HAZOP and LOPA validation programs
- Maintains the relevant suite of engineering processes, standards and tools for the discipline. Ensures compliance to agreed ROO Standards/Processes, endorsing deviations where needed.
- Report’s performance using the agreed leading and lagging KPIs for the discipline, and reports these as required through the Engineering Forum.
- Ensures that cyber security risk controls are in place on all automation systems and that associated barriers are proactively managed.
Skills / Qualifications
Degree / diploma qualified engineer or equivalent work experience. BSc, BEng or MEng (UK), BSc (US), or international equivalent in Instrumentation & Control or other relevant engineering subject.
Essential experience and job requirements
Extensive and relevant industry experience. At least 15 years industry experience with 5 years in International multicultural environments with brownfield engineering and design support. Strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities and extensive technical understanding of Instrument & Control engineering principles. Proven ability in practical application of engineering standards and practices with people leadership and stakeholder management experience.
Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), and relevant experience with PLC, DCS, field Instruments both electronic and pneumatic.
People leadership and stakeholder management experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!