Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Materials Coordinator to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise in determining effective materials management processes in respect of warehousing and associated activities.
- Ensure MATERIA/SAP and associated materials management processes are embedded as part of day to day operational activity in the warehouse
- Coach/mentor and reinforce Warehouse best practice operations to warehouse staff, inclusive of but not limited to:
- Project Stock Segregation (Serviceable, Quarantine, Repairable & JCR )
- Project Stock Replenishments
- ‘Bagging and tagging’ (as per project isometrics)
- CWP requirements (scheduling against project requirements)
- Project Cyclic Counting
- Project Inventory Control
- Project Disposals
- Project Discrepancies
- Project Expediting
- Project Reconciliation Programming
- Introduce systems to ensure access to physical stock is limited to authorised personnel and all materials entering or leaving the warehouse facility are correctly recorded within the EPS system.
- Build and embed a cycle count and reporting capability within the facility
- Ensure all material related operations within the warehouse facility are correctly recorded within EPS system, inclusive of but not limited to the receipt, storage and issue of direct and project materials
- Develop and implement a process to track and control repairs and rentals materials handled through the warehouse.
- Engage with and develop a sound working relationship with key site management team and actively reinforce the importance of complying with the agreed warehouse processes.
- Engage with and develop a sound working relationship with the warehouse Client / EPS local staff to actively reinforce the importance of accuracy and control within the warehouse operation and ensure adherence to the agreed contractual / company responsibilities.
- Work with the warehouse operator to optimise the design and layout of warehouse and yard areas for most efficient and effective storage, handling and flow of materials.
- Set and ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all warehouse and yard areas.
- Produce statistical reports to measure the performance of the warehouse operation
- Ensure that all operations comply with Client HSSE and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Client Materials Manger in developing project inventory holding and replenishment strategies by discipline/module/sub system.
- Assist in designing appropriate strategies for the preservation, maintenance and care of materials in Client site warehouses.
- Ensure CIC/Vendor maintains strict adherence to agreed company procedures for timely and effective purchasing, shipment and receipt of company assets/goods.
- Ensure contractors and associated third parties maintain a full auditable trail.
- Ensuring logistics HSE Guidance is applied throughout all Logistic & Material Control activities.
- Liaising with logistics personnel on all material requirement issues relating to logistics support services.
- Supervision of the materials inventory system to ensure complete traceability and accountability is achieved
- Maintaining records of the accompanying documents and inspection certificates.
- Promote that materials and equipment are properly stored at the defined storage facility, in accordance with the Company’s and Manufacturer’s specifications relating to preservation.
- Oversee the maintenance, equipment and inventory listing.
- Ensure clear and auditable records associated with all materials movements are kept at site.
- Supervise receipt and goods inward inspections of all materials received and advise relevant individuals/departments.
- To ensure all subordinate personnel are familiar with legislative standards and that compliance is carried out within area of responsibility.
- Interface with relevant personnel to ensure reconciliation and physical audits are in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- To utilise the computer aided and manual systems to be used on a project, for materials information transfer, control and reporting.
- To monitor and assist with the establishment of material receiving, storage and distribution of materials at sites.
- To ensure the timely issue of all material status reports, checks the contents for completeness and accuracy. Issues all project material status reports for Client on receipt from sub contractor.
- To assist as required with the improvement of existing Logistic Materials Management systems and methods and the development of new ones.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry in an appropriate discipline. Roles and responsibilities to have included:
- Experience in transportation and warehousing of material.
- Experience of site material and equipment organization.
- Experience related to liaising with and organising variety of contractors/vendors.
- Understand the safety implications for the control of lifting equipment and handling and storage of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of Materials/Equipment specific to the Oil and Gas Industry, Materials Management, Supply Chain process and local / international custom laws.
- General logistics covering marine, aviation, road and rail transportation.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working experience of SAP.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
KEY COMPETENCES REQUIRED:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written,
- Ability to work in team environments, communicates, understand and work within the dynamics of a multi functional and multi-location environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work fast and must be highly organised.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing interaction with diverse cultures and capable of working under pressure.
- Capacity to integrate within an international and national workforce.
- Strong commitment to safety and ability to educate and persuade personnel to adopt safety rules.
- Self-motivated, good team member, but fully able to work independently.
- Identification of possible problems impacting the overall effectiveness of Materials Control on the assigned project and the formulation of remedial action.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of Logistic Materials Control to maximise the utilisation of resources.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!