Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Lead Piping Designer to join our team in Basra. Iraq.
Below are some key responsibilities and duties:
- Planning and managing the execution of the Piping Design team for project assigned within the agreed schedule and budget
- Ensuring the quality of all Piping Design Discipline deliverables on the project as well as overseeing the overall design performed for piping systems
- Ensuring the design basis documentation for the project
(either client, Wood, or project developed) is established, up to date and clearly communicated to the Piping Design Discipline Project Staff
- Coordinating with the HOD and DTA as appropriate on technical planning and execution, as well as QA/QC, lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Ensuring this discipline guideline is appropriately implemented on projects under their supervision
- Coordinate delivery of piping design deliverables.
- Review 3D model and/or 2D piping package to confirm adherence to Wood and Client standards & procedures. Utilise 3D design software tools as appropriate.
- Performs periodic overall model reviews to assure level of content. Reviews for overall completeness, general safety issues, access and egress, materials handling scheme is being adhered to, maintenance and operability, etc.
- Ensures the project piping team is meeting the requirements for formal and informal Engineering/Client 3D model review(s) as per Wood /Client procedures.
- Liaison with and reporting to Project Management and Client.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 15+ years of experience
- Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
- Software skills like AUTOCAD, MICROSTATION, etc is mandatory
- 3D Software skills like SP3D, PDS / PDMS, is mandatory
- Aware of and able to use COMPANY and CLIENT standards
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!