Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Planning Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
To deliver & integrate all Project planning activities/deliverables for a portfolio of brownfield/ greenfield projects. Responsible for delivery of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project
- Lead a team of experienced Planning Engineers across a portfolio of brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Develop and maintain the overall Integrated portfolio masterplan for the JV with interface milestones across the portfolio of projects (including setting gold medal project team targets with realistic shareholder milestones).
- Constructively challenge and add value/earn respect to Project Team Members & Leadership to ensure BGC project plans are realistic, yet sufficiently challenging and credible
- Own and improve the BGC standard tools, procedures and processes for planning and progress reporting, including benchmarking.
- Own fit for purpose assurance for the planning portfolio including performing TA2 Planning function.
- Implement and maintain the overall portfolio projects summary status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Leadership Team including reporting early warnings.
- Develop Iraqi staff through training in planning tools and techniques.
- Deliver and maintain consistent, realistic plans and control structures for the portfolio of projects
- Conduct the integrated schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Engage with IAP teams and align shutdown plans
- Liaise with and challenge JV personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and BGC plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Evaluate bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Assure the contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Produce Project Planning closeout report and Productivity calculation
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other teams and management in the JV.
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects with annual capex ~$500M at different phases of project lifecycle.
- Functional overview of Expat and Local planning staff + external Planning engineers in various EPCM or Contractor teams.
- Working with offices in several different locations
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience in planning positions in the Oil & Gas industry. 5+ years in management/leadership of experienced planning teams (must be confident and able to establish credibility with staff, peers and management).
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
- Project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Development of local national employees through Coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage
- Able to work across multiple projects largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!