Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Project Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra-Iraq, who will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or project procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality within the manhour, cost and project schedule targets.
This is a site based position on a 6 Weeks On / 2 Weeks Off rotation
- Champions both Wood and client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality cultures. Leads by example in ‘raising the shield’, demonstrating the ‘courage to intervene’. Ensures that procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety and quality is achieved in all associated work
- Supports delivery of project and engineering excellence in support of the Project and Engineering Managers on assigned project scopes
- Takes ownership of assigned project scope and activities, ensuring timely delivery to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers in accordance with the applicable procedures, work practices, specifications and standards
- May be appointed as the Proposal, Study or Project Manager with guidance from more senior management for small to medium sized scopes of work
- Manage portfolio of business-critical modifications from concept to commission
- Facilitation of design and construction assessments
- Identify / initiate future project scopes which require to be worked to meet future TAR / VRP programmes
- Setting priorities for modifications which require to be urgently progressed to meet TAR/VRP delivery schedule
- Identifying scopes which require level 3 plan, holding deliverable / planning session with engineers to confirm start dates / durations
- Resolving day-to-day issues such as providing direction on how to progress work-scopes; discussing concerns with site personnel; raising DRs through materials coordinator
- Progressing approved Scopes through construction by engaging with relevant construction authority to raise CTR with respective contractor
- Focal point for design / construction TQs
- Interface between Small Projects, Major Projects, and external operators to ensure respective teams modifications are realized and understood throughout each team’s design process
- Coordinates activities, collaborating with the Lead Engineers, engineering disciplines and supporting departments to ensure tender and/or project scopes are correctly interpreted and deadlines met with
- Management and coordination of multidiscipline engineering scope, inputs and deliverables across multiple geographic locations including specialist and high-volume engineering centres
- Ensures that the Engineering disciplines comply strictly with the contract and scope of work in completing project activities
- Ensures the quality of project and engineering deliverables before issue to customer, taking responsibility for the approval of key deliverables as required
- Takes responsibility for the coordination and development of key project and multi-discipline deliverables such as the Project Execution Plan, Project Plans / Procedures, Basis of Design, Subcontract Scopes of Work, Design Reviews, Study Reports, Project Trackers / Lists and project plans
- Manages interfaces with third parties to ensure availability of input for completion of engineering deliverables in accordance with the project schedule
- Leads site surveys and data gathering activities for brownfield scope of work, taking responsibility for development of the site survey report
- Support the project and engineering managers in flagging project and technical risks, taking responsibility for related actions and close out of such
- Development of local national Project Engineers as part of nationalization programme.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 16 years of experience of successfully delivering projects as a project manager or project engineer;
- Experience of delivering projects in Iraq or similar hardship location;
- Construction experience is preferred;
- BSc or MSc engineering degree.
- Experienced across multiple project phases such as Concept/Feasibility, Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning in brownfield environment
- Site experience in the Construction and Commissioning phase is desirable and would be of benefit
- Experienced with project design and technical reviews, such as HAZID, P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, Plot Plan, 3D Model Stage Reviews, SAFOP, QRA, etc
- Experience developing and managing multi-discipline deliverables such as equipment lists and weight control is desirable
- Experienced with the interpretation of complex scopes of work, contracts, schedules and engineering deliverables such as P&IDs and Plot Plans
- Has experience of guiding and mentoring other project and discipline engineers in the delivery of work scope
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage scopes of work
- Experience of project cost control and planning systems
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!