Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to strengthen our team in Iraq. This is 6 weeks on and 6 weeks of rotation role.
Please find below the details.
- To ensure that Company, deliver a quality service that achieves the requirements of the client and complies with the relevant international/national codes and standards.
- Ensure that the Company management system is adhered to and that all services and products are procured and inspected in compliance with client, industry the Company requirements.
- Mentor and coach colleagues on all aspects of quality in relevant business area to support a quality culture with relentless focus on excellence.
- Engages with all levels of relevant business and client organization.
- Manage a program of management system inductions for the project.
- Promote the awareness of quality and concepts, promoting the review and challenge of working practices and methods to enhance performance;
- Mentors and develops junior colleagues.
- Ensure that planned project, vendor and subcontractor and internal quality audits are executed in accordance with the audit and review program
- Participate in local management reviews;
- Assist in the maintenance, documentation and deployment of the Company quality management system Ensure compliance of the Company management system with current and new legislation.
- Supports Management review and prepares relevant data inputs.
- Develop and execute contract quality programs in accordance with Contract and/or Projects Execution Plan arrangements;
- Supports the development of Audit schedules.
- Executes audits in accordance with approved audit schedules.
- Uses continuous improvement tools to support and facilitate waste reduction in relevant business area.
- Works across functions to identify continuous improvement/waste reduction opportunities
- Facilitates incident investigations.
- Attend project kick off meetings as required to provide quality support and advice according to QA/QC deliverables;
- Review and approve product/material requisitions and validate quality control and certification requirements;
- Assign and coordinate product/material inspection activities in accordance to the specifications set out in purchase orders, datasheets, drawings and client specifications/ requirements, Inspection & Test plans;
- Coordinate third party vendor inspection visits, review and distribution of inspection reports;
- Review and validation of quality control activities to verify product/service meets stipulated requirements;
- Interface with appointed independent verification authority as required.
- Facilitate and participate in the recall of defective materials/product to ensure quarantine and replacement as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline (essential)
- Quality Auditor Qualification by recognised industry body (essential)
- NDE Level II (desirable)
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector certification or equivalent (desirable)
- Membership of CQI or country specific Industry body (desirable)
- Must be fully familiar with international codes & standards to be applied during Engineering and Procurement phase of projects
- Minimum 10 years Oil and Gas experience
- Minimum 5 years in a QA role in Engineering Company engaged in major oil / gas projects
- Exposure to the Client Contracts desirable but not mandatory
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Analytical, Problems Solving skills and Systematic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good initiative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within multi-cultural workforces and environments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!