NES Fircroft are looking for a Lead Quantity Surveyor to join a major operator in Iraq on a 28/28 rotation.
Department : Projects
Main Responsibilities :
- Leading and managing client project commercial engagements across multiple portfolios within the projects department to provide accurate record of commercial commitments.
- Form part of the client team in managing, supervising and co-ordinating the quantity surveying team efforts and deliverables across the multiple project portfolios to ensure quality and timeliness in delivery.
- Preparation of Scopes of Work (SoW’s), Bills of Quantities (BoQ’s), Pricing Preambles, Payment Provisions/Recommendations and Estimates and Technical Information required for Bid Packages, Contract preparation and Call Off preparation.
- Assist in the formulation and preparation of Bid Packages, including technical and commercial evaluation questionnaires, job models and the like.
- Oversee the quantity surveying, measurement and recording of site information and physical progress to value the work done on site and identify any procurement gaps.
- Prepare cost analyses based on contractors’ resources utilised onsite against the quantum of work undertaken to establish unit rates and benchmarking database.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress with responsibilities for the measurement and valuation of work during contract, for agreement of monthly payment applications and final accounts.
- Track engineering design changes and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Prepare cost reports demonstrating the project progress, including cash flow forecasts and final outturn costs during Construction Phase of projects.
- Prepare Quantity Take-offs, Execute Quantity Verifications & Support Benchmarking for Projects.
- Schedule of Rates Development & RFP Documentation Support.
- Review & Validate Contractor’s Cost, Time and Resources (CTR) proposals for Major Projects and raise requisitions (DR’s) for Call Off issuance in Maximo.
- Review & Validate Contractor Value of Work Done (VOWD) & Forecast Submissions.
- Review, Validate & Process Progress Payment Certificates for Major Contracts.
- Variation Order (VO) Reviews; Entitlement Assessment, Benchmarking, Challenge & VO Agreement.
- Claims Review & Assessment for GCS & Major EPC Projects / Contracts.
- Contract Final Account Reconciliations, Agreement & Settlement.
- Local Direct Procurement Support.
- Full Contract Administration support on contracting strategies, re-tendering and day to day contract management/correspondence.
- Preparation of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates for holistic blanket project scopes.
- Preparation of both Estimates and Bills of Quantities for specific / discreet construction work packs as issued by the GEC/GCMC
Skills & Requirements :
- BSc. Degree in Quantity Surveying or other internationally recognised bachelor’s degree.
- Professional Member in good standing of the RICS or other internationally recognised QS professional institution.
- Experience in Lead/Managing Quantity Surveying position and [12+] years overall professional project-based consulting experience.
- Extensive working experience in Oil & Gas onshore project work and activities, preferably for the client/operator organizations.
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract and collation of Contract Documentation.
- Working on a variety of complex construction and process engineering projects simultaneously with varying bespoke contracting strategies.
- Iraq region working experience.
Other Key Requirements :
- In depth knowledge and experience with various project contracting strategies and understanding of risks, including ability to adapt to and implement bespoke client mandated contracting processes and procedures.
- In depth understanding of international and established standards for methods of measurement and ability to develop and prepare BoQ’s in accordance therewith.
- Ensure each member of the quantity surveying team works to the highest professional standards, information is current, and that every member of the team has access to information required to fulfil their duties.
- Oversee the consistent use of Company mandated administration procedures to be followed across the projects by the respective Quantity Surveyors working within the team.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers and interfacing with other departments (PSCM, Finance, etc.).
- Professional, high degree of personal integrity and standard of ethics with good commercial acumen.
- Sound working knowledge of full suite of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use other specialist software (measurement & procurement, etc.).
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- It is essential to be able to liaise with, communicate clearly and succinctly with other project delivery team members, contractors, and client.
- Good Time management and ability to prioritize work, to plan and manage significant workload with the flexibility to support delivery of activities in a timely manner while maintaining deadlines to ensure commercial issues do not adversely impact work execution and project delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of existing technology in the field, legal issues and complex regulations.
- Strong work ethic and professional competence demonstrated through interactions with respective colleagues.
- Enthusiastic, promoting positive and motivational attitude within the team.
- Develop and drive supporting team members to achieve their best possible work performance in delivery to the client seeking continuous improvement to learn and develop within the client organization.
- Candidates should have a project control background with experience gained in planning and cost control.
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting.
- Candidates should have knowledge and experience in project management processes.
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline, multi-location environment, desirable.
- Ability to negotiate and challenge submissions, resources and costs from Contractors.
- Ability to work independently, to act proactively on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Understand the practical application of confidentiality.
- Value management and Value Optimization skills.
- Numeric literacy, punctuality, and confidence.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Ability to collate information accurately.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.