Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead technical safety Engineer on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team
- Providing discipline expertise to the business
- Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- Providing technical support to site as required
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead engineer as required
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Experience of design deliverables associated with loss prevention scopes
- Experience of coordinating HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies
- Experience of directing Management of Change (MOC) reviews
- Able to perform Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling as required
- Able to interrogate & review Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) as required
- Deputising for lead engineer where required
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of engineering delivery
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Chartered Engineer or recognized equivalent experience
- Experience of Concept / FEED project phases
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at a relevant level and position
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 6 years proven capability in an EPC company
- Previous experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance would be an advantage
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the business
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline
- Demonstrate continual professional development
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!