Serve as member of the executive leadership team and manager of the legal affairs and the general counsel to the Board, President/ CEO, senior management and Company administration in making proper decisions to protect the company rights and interests. Responsible to oversee company’s legal, compliance, risk management, functioning and responsible for assessing the developing processes to minimize liability exposure while achieving business goals.
- Set and lead the development of Company’s legal strategy and ensure its support to Company overall business strategy and objectives.
- Provide leadership and management of Company legal matters; facilitate Strategic corporate legal initiatives.
- Establish, maintain and oversee legal policies and processes and ensure their effective implementation across company.
- Advise on the legal risks of possible business decisions, provide preventive counseling with respect to the legal risks associated with business practices.
- Lead the standardization of templates and formats of legal and law related documents/formats used internally and externally for company (such as forms and agreements) to ensure consistency and quality in presentation.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with the legal framework at company as well as relevant local and international laws, protecting company’s interests from any potential legal risks.
- Devise, implement, monitor, and control annual operating and capital budgets and expenditure for the department.
- Oversee the preparation of all legal documents such as briefs, appeals, contracts and agreements.
- Provide periodic reporting to CEO and to the Board of Directors on instances of legal non-compliance and risk areas including emerging regulatory issues.
- Provide legal advice to senior leadership for any legal implications related to Company’s decisions and business performance.
- Manage relationships and liaise with external legal consultants / lawyers and other government agencies to obtain / solicit legal opinion(s) as well as in carrying out administrative and litigation activities where required.
- Liaise with other legal professionals and keep up to date with any changes in laws and legislation.
- Provide legal services and advice to new business ventures and, where applicable, to operating entities as required.
- Perform and manage registration and licensing activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide consultative and problem solving advice and support to the entities based on their specific business needs.
- Lead the legal affairs function, providing leadership, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance and quality standards.
- Manage legal risks and provide affirmative solutions to minimize liability exposure while achieving company business goals.
- Perform and manage all litigation cases on behalf or against company.
- At least 8-10 years of legal experience gained through a combination of major law firmed and in-house experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or its equivalent
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintaining relationship with government and relevant offices.
- Communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Sound understanding of laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, solve problems and take initiative
- Ability to interact effectively with other teams.
- Address Sulaymaniyah, As Sulaymānīyah, Iraq
- Salary Offer $2000
- How to apply Send the CVs to: [email protected]