- Move beyond functional boundaries to contribute to the overall health and effectiveness of the operation
- Assist in dealing with / managing external parties and stakeholders such as the government/regulatory authorities and external counsels, shareholders
- Assist in ensuring the holding of Board and General Meetings as well as corporate reporting/disclosures
- Provide proactive legal counsel and services including creative problem solving while keeping legal risks and costs within acceptable limits and overseeing significant legal issues throughout the territories.
- Assist in managing litigation including but not limited to civil, tax (federal/provincial), labor, regulatory, consumer and supplier related issues and maintain cordial professional relationship with lawyers and consultants.
- Assist in the management of Compliance portfolio
- Liaise with the government/regulatory authorities to ensure that the Company is in compliance with the relevant legal framework, thereby enhancing corporate image of the Company.
- Liaise with legal teams of TCCC at Division level and Trademarks Counsel on brand related issues.
- Proactively partner with portfolio departments in resolving their respective issues and partnering on their projects etc.
- Drafting, vetting and standardization of various agreements and documents as need be.
- Conduct legal trainings as and when necessary or required.
- Advanced level of English
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Law
- 5+ years with corporate law firms and/or as in-house counsel
- Admitted to any reputable Bar Association
- Acute business acumen
- Excellent sense of judgement and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, creative, with a can do attitude
- Able to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable ethics, integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result oriented
- Digital Literacy
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, sex, color, national or social origin, ethnicity, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or political opinion.