Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A legal professional reviewing contracts, legislation, legal frameworks and legal correspondence and providing legal insight and advice to management. Also participates in investigations and signs off on contracts after review. The Legal Counsel provides legal support for Weatherford’s Iraq-based business operations. This position is responsible for the full legal support of a Iraq. Business Unit. The position is expected to coordinate and collaborate with the business, other subject matter legal experts, and support functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate domestic and international oil and gas services contracts, leases and rental agreements, licenses, sales, supply and procurement agreements, etc.
- Ensure contracting compliance with Weatherford Global Contracting Policy and secure the proper exception approvals and execution of agreements and transactions consistent with Weatherford internal policies and procedures.
- Provide legal advice and training on a variety of issues, foreseeing and protecting Weatherford against legal risks.
- Provide back-up support on M&A transactions, labor/employment issues, IP, real estate, and litigation support.
- Develop special legal expertise in one or more areas relating to Weatherford’s product and service lines.
- Assist in the development and updating of Weatherford contracting templates consistent with the Global Contracting Policy.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior attorneys (if applicable).
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Experience with oilfield services contracts and commercial transactions
- Expertise in complex indemnification provisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent counsel and business partner
- Ability to fit in an environment which is both friendly and demanding of excellence and fast-paced
- Ability to interface with senior management
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law and admitted in good standing in Iraq.
- 5-6 years minimum applicable experience, including major law firm training and in-house experience with an oilfield services company
- Flexibility to travel to various Weatherford locations
- In-house experience
- Foreign language skills