All INTERSOS interns are expected to perform their tasks and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all intern positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the intern within the first week of internship.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Legal Intern is responsible for assisting the legal team in the administrative tasks related to the provision of services to vulnerable persons. In addition to assisting the legal team in the dissemination of information and awareness raising. The Legal internship program aims to develop the skills of the intern and provide learning opportunities and work experience for students or recently graduated lawyers.
- Assist the lawyers in the writing, printing and preparation of pledges for the purpose of issuing civil
- Assist the lawyers administratively when conducting awareness sessions on legal topics.
- Disseminate legal information to the communities and conduct outreach activities with the presence of Team Leaders or Lawyers.
- Provide support to the Legal team to reach out to community leaders and introduce communities to the services INTERSOS is providing.
- Assisting the lawyers in archiving to maintain data confidentiality.
- Assist the lawyers in the develop quality material for dissemination of legal information through outreach activities.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: PSEA, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles.
- Assist in updating the legal and referral databases.
- Assist in the Delivery of required invoices that relate to legal fees to Legal Team Leader.
- Other duties as assigned by the Legal Team Leader and Legal Officer.
Education and professional experience:
- Students from the last year of studies and fresh graduates of law. Added value members of Iraq or KRI Lawyers Syndicate.
- Good knowledge of the Iraqi legal system and legal procedures.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting skills
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish, added value English (written and spoken)
- Address Erbil
- Salary Offer To be shared at a later stage USD To be shared at a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.