- Position Title: Liaison – Quality Assurance Support Officer
- Organization: Stars Orbit
- Type: National
- Grade: Level D
- Number of positions: 1 position
- Duration: Six months, renewable depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds
- Duty station: Baghdad, Iraq with frequent travels to Ninewa and Basrah.
The UNMAS Iraq program was formally established in June 2015, at the request of the UN Under Secretary General for Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) & the Special Representative of the Secretary General for Iraq, to lead the UN efforts to mitigate explosive threats in the country, as well as to support the enhancement of national & regional mine action capacities. UNMAS is supporting multiple layers of operations under the UNMAS Iraq Strategic Plan which focuses on three main components:
- Explosive Hazard Management.
- Capacity Enhancement.
- Risk Education.
The position of ‘Liaison – Quality Assurance Support Officer ’ will support the delivery of the overall objectives of UNMAS EHM Team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Quality Management, Communications, Education or other relevant field is required.
- Recognized training on any of the following: Non-technical survey, risk education, community liaison, information management or other relevant Mine Action related training is required.
- At least 1 year proven & applicable experience in humanitarian mine action operations in Iraq.
- A solid understanding of counter-mine measures/demining, or UXO clearance operations and related practices;
- Knowledge of the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) is essential.
- Proven experience in humanitarian mine action planning, tasking & reporting processes.
- Understanding of the coordinate system & maps is essential
- Computer literacy, in particular experience of using MS Office & preferably IMSMA is required.
- Language Proficiency:
- Arabic and English is required.
- How to apply Please submit your CV to [email protected] Please write (Liaison – Quality Assurance Support Officer) in the subject of the email. Deadline for application: 28 November 2021 (no applications submitted beyond this date will be accepted)