The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a leading modern University in the Kurdistan Region – Iraq and we are at an exciting stage in our development.
We are seeking inspirational staff to join our team and to contribute to the success and growth of the Library. In particular, we would welcome interested candidates who can contribute as a Library Technician by providing an excellent contribution as required for the execution of quality Library services. This position will contribute to, in working with the Director of Library and in compliance with the Library policies and procedures, the implementation of Library functions and carry out administrative tasks as assigned by supervisory staff.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a strong team of committed people in the enhancement of the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr.
|VACANCY TITLE:||Library Technician|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||FTE 1.0|
|HOURS OF WORK:||40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday –Thursday)|
|PLACE OF WORK:||University of Kurdistan Hewlêr|
|REPORTING TO:||Director of Library|
|APPOINTMENT DURATION:||3 Years|
|PROBATION PERIOD:||6 Months|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Application is open until the position is filled|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Library Technician, in consultation with their supervisory staff, will:
- Provide high quality customer services using the Library and library-based facilities.
- Participate in all the work at the circulation desk, such as but not limited to, issuing and discharge of materials, sending notices, and dealing with general enquiries.
- Enter and update user and general Library records on computers.
- Provide assistance to Library users by locating materials and helping to complete special projects.
- Guide Library users in finding and using Library resources, including reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, and electronic resources.
- Process print and non-print Library materials to prepare them for inclusion in Library collections.
- Organise and maintain materials, and files as directed.
- Compile and maintain records relating to circulation, materials, and equipment.
- Verify bibliographical data for materials, including author, title, publisher, publication date, edition, etc.
- Send out notices about lost, overdue books, etc. as directed.
- Repair damaged books.
- Operate a variety of standard office and library machines.
- Perform routine book maintenance and processing including pasting date due stickers, typing spine labels and covering books.
- Answer telephones and provide routine information or refer and transfer calls.
- Ensure accurate library shelving by shelf-tidying and re-shelving of materials.
- Take actions to prevent disruption in the Library.
- Take personal responsibility and collaborate with others in applying skills and knowledge.
- Contribute to the attainment and development of Library goals and objectives.
- Implement University and Library policies and follow agreed procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by their supervisory staff.
The Library Technician should have the following skills and competencies:
- A Diploma in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years of experience in office administration, OR;
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 1 year of experience in office administration.
- Advanced spoken and written ability in English language; Kurdish and Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Library experience, or a good knowledge of library activities in an academic setting would be an advantage.
- Ability to use office equipment, such as, printers, scanners, etc.
- Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software packages, such as, Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to arrange, categorise, and keep data and information.
- Typing skills with the ability to apply a specific documentation format.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own tasks.
- Knowledge of tracking, collecting and receiving charges.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work outside of the normal working hours.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to [email protected] by indicating the Vacancy Title: Library Technician and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.