Scope of Responsibilities
- Inspect and certify general lifting and rigging equipment
- Audit potential sub-contractors, their practices and procedures and their holdings of lifting equipment
- Create lifting plans in support of maintenance and turnaround operations
- Create a maintenance management plan for the inspections of all lifting equipment held by Petrofac and client and maintain certification
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Comply with client procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment
- Understand and ensure that Sub-contractors comply with key safe systems of work such as but not limited to:
- Recognition, risk Assessment & Mitigation of hazards
- Permit To Work
- Tool Box Talks
- Rigging, slinging & lifting techniques
- Working at heights
- Dropped objects & Trip Hazards
- Confined Space entry
- Chemical hazards
- Support the planning, issue and control of work permits
- Report all HSE incidents and advise and assist on incident investigations
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority. Diagnose and rectify faults to enhance maximum availability of equipment.
- Liaise with Project Engineers on maintenance issues.
- Provide technical input in to modification work packs.
- Answer technical queries and guide Sub-contract personnel on maintenance and best practices
- Support input to clients Materials Maintenance Management System to allow maintenance to be switched to a planned, preventative and predictive structure within one year
- Provide expertise in own discipline as technical authority to support Training and Development of selected Sub-contract personnel.
- Focal point for improvement opportunities within own discipline, liaising with training suppliers, vendors and Petrofac’s support personnel.
- Liaise regularly with Sharjah Support Team on support required on major engineering projects as they arise
- Lead on root cause analysis as required by client
- Provide operations support to shutdown teams as / when required by Shutdown Manager or client
- Advise on document control and holdings
- Provide input into the planning process
- Perform hands on maintenance as required by client or project director
Physical Effort and Work Environment
Duties performed at site with generally harsh climatic conditions
- Diploma or HNC in a relevant technical discipline
- Exposure to overseas operations and working with a diverse workforce
- 5 years’ experience in an Operations environment