Lifting Technical Authority
The Lifting Authority provides an independent perspective of Health and Safety risk, facilitates continual improvement in Health and Safety performance. The scope of activity includes all lifting operations associated with drilling, workover, production operations, minor project or warehouse activity etc. The Lifting Technical Authority will be the focal point for all lifting related operations across the various land based production facilities. These include 14 Degassing
Stations, numerous rigs, numerous construction sites, the warehouse as well as various contractors’ storage and handling sites. The large size of the site and the wide diversity of activities involving lifting operations makes this a challenging role. The role is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations are conducted at all levels.
• The end decision maker within the field for all Lifting activities,
seeking necessary approvals and endorsements from
Leadership when required.
• Observe and assure the safety and procedural and legislation
compliance of all lifting operations in the field.
• Communicates potential Lifting issues before they impact business
• Maintain standards and recommended practice and be an active
member of the Lifting Community of practice.
• Provision of strategic and practical guidance to management
on lifting issues
• Manage assurance program for lifting, through site visits,
witnessing of operations and audits.
• Manage the development of tools, processes and procedures
required to efficiently manage lifting operations in full
compliance with Segment procedures and practices.
• Assure that rigging tools (tackle), equipment and machinery are fit for
use and have the appropriate certificate of conformity as per
company regulations and competency assessment of site personnel.
• Assure that lift plans and risk assessments are developed and
conducted for all major lift operations and that they are adequate for
proper, safe execution
• Assure consistent systems and processes exist for the use,
inspection and certification of Lift equipment in all global locations.
• Endorse complex or complicated lifting plans and Risk Assessments
associated with the Lifting activities
• Endorse modifications to lifting equipment as part of the MOC
• Participate in any incident investigations on lifting related incidents
• Ensure the risk of dropped objects is effectively managed, with
compliance to practices and procedures.
• Ensures that processes and systems are in place for identifying and
managing lifting and rigging risk
• Defines and ensures competency of staff and contractors involved in
Lifting operation planning, approval and execution of lifting
operations and provides training to develop local staff.
• Ensures any Lifting contractor contracted by client is properly
certified and provided with operational instructions and guidance
appropriate to the term and nature of the business
• Serves as mentor for lifting technical personnel across the wider area of operation.
Criteria and Qualifications:
• Minimum 10 years working experience in lifting operations or
• Excellent working knowledge of national and international legislation,
standards and best practices.
• Experienced direct supervision of lifting operations.
• The ability to network and influence others
• Proven heath and safety leadership
• Knowledge of Lifting equipment and accessories and testing
• Proven knowledge of legislation relation to lifting operations and
• Ability to train others
• Some knowledge of Arabic would be desirable or at least the
willingness to learn a few basic phrases
• Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.