Terms of Reference
Title: Livelihood Assistant – Sinjar
Duty Station: Sinjar City
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: a non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
IRC Cooperation with Al Mesalla Organization will provide the project, Improving Safety and Economic Opportunities for Vulnerable IDPs and Returnees in Iraq This program aims to improve service access, socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees and Host community
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Carry out mobilization activities with IDPs and host communities to ensure they understand the project objectives and activities.
- Support ERD Officer to carry out transparent beneficiary selection in close coordination with other team members, local authorities, communities, IDPs and other Humanitarian agencies working in the area.
- Support preparation of beneficiary list and registration form with relevant project staff prior to the distribution.
- Carry out beneficiary verification in the field to ensure most vulnerable beneficiaries receive the IRC support.
- Support organizing the activities of ERD program including site selection, site preparation, distribution plan, stock management, documentation etc.
- Actively work in distribution sites to implement ERD activities, crowd control, and registration and to ensure to security of IRC properties.
- `Prepare and update all necessary documents on daily basis without delay.
- Conduct regular site visits to the project activities: Small/Micro Businesses and Apprenticeships.
- Provide information to jobseekers on employment options, including self-employment and training courses.
- If assigned, supervise volunteers on-site.
- Participate and actively contribute to rapid need assessments in the area.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation
- Grant Monitoring & Reporting Conduct daily project site visits and write reports accordingly.
- Livelihood project assistant is responsible in communicating and mobilizing for the livelihood’s projects with the target communities according to the IRC SOPs, project objectives and processes.
- Support for recording all required documents related to ERD procurement, beneficiary selection, distribution, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Support ERD Officer to update beneficiary tracking sheet soon after each distribution carried out.
- Support compilation and preparation of process monitoring and end-line reports.
- Participate in monitoring and evolution activities directly or by providing feedback to the monitoring and evaluation team.
- At least one year Experience in humanitarian sector/development sector, Livelihood sector is preferred.
- Community mobilization experience is required.
- Experience working with IDPs / refugees – highly preferred.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential. Basic proficiency in spoken and written English is highly preferred.
- Diploma or university degree.
- Female is highly preferred.
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy And our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al-Mesalla reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline How TO APPLY This vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals.
Our commitment to PSEA begins with recruitment and selection. We have rigorous procedures in place to ensure that individuals with a history of sexual exploitation or abuse are not employed or engaged in any capacity within our organization.
- Address Sinjar
- How to apply Submit your CV as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]). Other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. Subject : Livelihood Assistant - Sinjar
- Job Reference Livelihood Assistant - Sinjar