Requisition ID: req34863
Job Title: Livelihood Officer- Anbar/Ramadi
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Ramadi, Iraq
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a lead responder in Iraq since 2003, the IRC is providing robust programming across five governorates through women’s protection and empowerment, child protection and protection and rule of law programming; economic recovery and development programming; governance; and integrated early childhood development programming. The IRC is focused on strengthening social cohesion, to strengthen connectedness and cohesion among actors at different levels, from community groups to CSOs, to national authorities.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Livelihood Officer is a short-term IRC position working to support the local partner/s in improving livelihoods of families’ affected by conflict in Iraq with access to business training followed by apprenticeship, business grants and Job counselling in addition to agribusiness activities. Supervised by the ERD Snr. Officer. The Livelihood Officer will work closely with the local partner/s teams, and other IRC Program Departments, other stakeholders providing assistance to IDPs, Returnees and Host community.
Strategic Planning and Program Development
· Support the local partner’s Livelihood Field Team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of livelihoods activities.
· Under direct supervision and guidance of the program Manager produce/update program documentation (e.g. consolidated work plans, responsibility matrixes, progress reports), based on project information provided by the local partner.
· Provide inputs for the design of business training, vocational training and business development and support grants, projects in line with assessment findings and in coordination with the local partner and the ERD team members.
· Supporting the local partner’s team in oversee collection, analysis, and reporting of data information collected (including on business training and business development and support grants) in close coordination with the Data base team.
· Support the local partner’s Livelihood team in determining resource requirements (human resources, equipment and materials, funding) for affective field project activities implementation.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Control
· Ensure transparency in accounting, reporting and documenting the Livelihoods intervention activities with the local partner, and ensure compliance with standards and donor policies.
· Coordinate with the Data Base Officer to manage project information and maintain all documentation related to ERD projects activities, ensuring that they are accessible, well organized and that they comply with standards and templates agreed
· Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference and security threats to livelihood staff and activities
· Complete any required monitoring as outlined by the supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, ERD technical manager and coordinator to enable and develop IRC programs.
· Location of Work: Anbar Governorate (including Qaim and Ramadi)
Key Working Relationships
· Position Reports to: the ERD Snr. officer.
· Position directly supervises: N/A.
· Professional with demonstrated capacity for high level representational work and record of excellent teamwork.
· Bachelor’s Degree in economy, Business, Management or related field.
· At least 2 years of INGO experience preferred.
· Fluency in English and Arabic required.
· Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
· Experience with Economic programming, market-based emergency responses and livelihoods programming strongly desired.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Address Anbar USD Month