CESVI is an Italian NGO working for global solidarity. CESVI operates worldwide to support the most vulnerable populations in promoting human rights and achieving their ambitions, for sustainable development.
CESVI has been working in Iraq since 2018, focusing on the sectors of livelihoods, multi-purpose cash transfer, agriculture, and food security. More recently, CESVI has started a new program in the protection sector, in particular, GBV.
Brief project profile:
The project “Self-Reliance – Promuovere l’autosufficienza e le opportunità economiche e professionali sostenibili delle famiglie vulnerabili colpite dalla crisi in Iraq – Promoting self-sufficiency and sustainable economic and professional opportunities for vulnerable families affected by the crisis in Iraq” promotes access to quality integrated professional services. Applying the logic of durable solutions, the intervention improves the resilience of vulnerable families, favoring the creation of enterprise for men and women and the professional integration of young people
The target areas of the above-mentioned project are Duhok and Erbil Governorates, in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for community engagement and empowerment of the beneficiaries in the assigned area through mobilization, awareness, and monitoring tasks. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the active participation of the beneficiaries in specific FSL activities, such as mentorship sessions, training, Cash for Work, etc. Furthermore, the Community Mobilizer will be in constant communication with the community, the beneficiaries, the local partner, and other stakeholders established in the framework of the Livelihoods project activities, by providing them with relevant information on project activities and on selection criteria.
Under the supervision and management of the FSL Coordinator, CMs will:
- Mobilize communities and disseminate information about the project to promote community support;
- Work with the target communities and establish close relationships with them;
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance;
- Support the FSL Coordinator in beneficiary selection, in particular in community engagement and in data collection through the ISEA tool;
- Assist in the drafting of the agreements with the beneficiaries and explanation of the main points to beneficiaries;
- Facilitate beneficiaries’ registration and wallet opening;
- Support the FSL coordinator in supervising the disbursement phase;
- Support the FSL coordinator in the implementation of Financial Health Encouragement training and business training for beneficiaries;
- Monitor the work and achievements of the CFW and business grant beneficiaries;
- Perform Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) interviews;
- Assist in the distribution of agriculture inputs;
- Conduct Focus Group Discussion/dialogue sessions with beneficiaries and other community members.
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at Risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- Fully complies with Security Plans and Protocols/SOPs and Code of Conduct.
Development of Cesvi presence in the country
- Actively contribute to new needs assessment.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least one year of relevant area work experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and able to work in a team
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish
- The English language will be an asset