Page 1 of 3
Job Title: Livelihoods Field Officer
Reports to: Livelihoods Senior Project Officer
Department: Shared Future
Salary Grade: 5
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is assisting individuals affected by conflict to lead a dignified life by implementing initiatives that promote social cohesion and empower young people. CRS Iraq offers educational and psychosocial support for children, as well as livelihoods interventions for adults.
About Shared Future
Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Kirkuk and Ninewa Plains, or by its shorter name Shared Future is a 7.25-year project launched in June 2018. In Phase I and II, the project implemented social cohesion and livelihoods programing, to support families returning to the Ninewa Plains with durable returns, after years of displacement caused by the rise and fall of the Islamic State (IS). In Phase III, Shared Future will expand geographically into Kirkuk to support youth livelihoods. This phase of the project will also emphasize a positive youth development approach in both Ninewa and Kirkuk, engaging emerging adults and late adolescents, to expand reach to younger youth. This approach seeks to create an environment where youth can achieve their full potential and contribute to the development of their communities and, in turn, durable solutions.
Shared Future’s Livelihoods program provides support to young people aged 18-30 by offering technical training in entrepreneurship and work readiness, as well as livelihoods grant assistance and coaching support. The program is carried out by a partner organization in Ninewa and directly in Kirkuk, with the aim of benefiting more than 1,300 individuals during the project period.
Job Summary: You will assist in project implementation by working directly with community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills will ensure that the communities contribute to and benefit from a project that consistently applies best practices and continuously strives to improve its impact.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Support the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of project activities at the field level.
• Ensure that implementation schedules align with the detailed activity plan and that systems for high-quality project execution are reinforced. • Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team and beneficiaries at the community level, ensuring community interest, involvement, and support networks are enhanced.
• Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
• Coordinate, monitor, and report on livelihoods activities.
• Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
• Participate in and facilitate the Shared Future project trainings in coordination with project team.
Page 2 of 3
• High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in the field of International Development, Business or
Economics a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience with NGOs in Iraq; experience working directly on livelihoods
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Computer skills required.
Required Languages – Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required, as well as full professional
proficiency in Kurdish. Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Turkmen) is a plus.
Travel – The position is based in Kirkuk, with up to 50% travel in Hawija, as feasible. Travel to other locations in
Iraq, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill
his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none): 2-4 Community Mobilizers
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Livelihoods Program Manager; Livelihoods Project Manager, Livelihoods Project Officers; Livelihoods
Project Assistant, MEAL Program Manager; MEAL Field Officer; Procurement and Finance staff.
External: Other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government; UN agencies and
relevant sector leads
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the
commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a
part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving
those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults
from abuse and exploitation.
• This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated
with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from
abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Page 3 of 3
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to a neglected application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=211