CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Project Assistant
Reports To: Livelihoods Project Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
In partnership with Caritas Iraq, CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support.
As a member of the Livelihoods team, the Project Assistant (PA) will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient project administrative activities for Catholic Relief Services’ livelihoods project. The PA will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
- Support field activities throughout the implementation process, according to the project’s Detailed Implementation Plan. Activities will likely include support for needs and market assessments, participant registration, support for the organization of trainings and support for coaching activities with project participants, among other tasks.
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes (e.g., various contact lists, participant and stakeholder information, service mapping etc for livelihoods activities).
- Support CRS procurement, including processing of requisitions, maintenance of project procurement trackers, and management of vendor communications (as appropriate).
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration a plus.
- Two years of experience working in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO strongly preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to handle high-pressure tasks and meet deadlines in an emergency response environment.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: This position is based in Fallujah, Anbar with periodic travel to other CRS offices and project locations.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Livelihoods Program Manager, Livelihoods Project Officer; MEAL staff, CRS Iraq Admin, Procurement and Finance staff.
External: Partners and colleague organizations; local government.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=178
- Job Reference https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=178