Job Title: Livelihoods Project Officer – PENDING DONOR FUNDING
Reports to: Livelihoods Senior Project Officer
Salary Grade: 7
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Job Summary: As a member of the Livelihoods project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of CRS’ work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
• Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
• Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
• Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
• Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
• High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in project support for an NGO. Experience in Livelihoods (urban and/or agricultural) preferred.
• Experience working with and directly supervising field workers/community mobilizers would be a plus.
• Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – Spoken and written Arabic fluency and spoken/written English professional proficiency is required. Knowledge of Shabaki, Turkmen, or Kurdish is a plus.
Travel – The position is based in Mosul with up to 50% travel to project sites in Ninewa. Must be willing and able to travel to other locations (e.g., Duhok, Erbil) up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
• Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
• Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Field Officer will supervise up to three (3) Community Mobilizers
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Program Manager; Project Manager; Senior Project Officer; MEAL Project Officer; Head of Programming; Procurement and Finance staff
External: Caritas Iraq; other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government and community stakeholders
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor funding.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Reference Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=172