NRC is committed to our localization strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the program operations.
NRC will endeavor to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Livelihoods projects, conducting community-based activities, ensuring community involvement, and assisting with open dialogue/communications between NRC and targeted communities.
What you will do
- Implement delegated Livelihoods project portfolio activities according to the plan of action, developed by the Livelihoods team.
- Community Dialoguing and meeting
- Prepare and develop weekly update reports.
- Work alongside implementing partners and/or contractors based on activity plans; implement directly where required.
- Responsible for gathering daily/site-specific project documentation – collection, verification – of technical activities of Livelihoods projects.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need.
Specifically, you will;
- Establish strong working relationships with targeted communities, including local leaders, and identification of local focal points.
- Implement beneficiary targeting and verification processes for various activity streams.
- Implement/support beneficiary registrations.
- Support partners/contractors/trainers to implement business-focused training programs.
- Implement or support partner implementation of community-based soft-skills training programs.
- Implement NRC Community Engagement Approach.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews, with assistants and enumerators.
- Facilitate conducting training and follow up with trainees’ attendance and other training-related tasks.
- Work directly with enumerators and community focal points.
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms.
- University degree education relevant to the assignment (social services, Economics).
- Previous experience as an assistant in a humanitarian/recovery program
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience working in livelihoods projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience conducting beneficiary identification, verification, and registration.
- Experience supporting referrals and/or identifying service providers.
- Experience conducting focus groups, questionnaires, and surveys.
- Good knowledge English
- Adequate competencies in computer-related tasks like Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Contract Duration: National Fixed-term contract for 9 months, renewable subject to funding, performance, and the need for the position
Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G4/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
For more information please read the job description
- Address Erbil
- How to apply Click this Link https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/job/13259/share/300001171621819?utm_medium=jobshare