The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Livelihoods projects, conducting community-based activities, ensuring community-involvement and assisting with open dialogue/communications between NRC and targeted communities.
- Implement delegated Livelihoods project portfolio activities according to plan of action, developed by Livelihoods team
- Community Dialoguing and meeting
- Responsible for gathering daily/site-specific project documentation – collection, verification – of technical activities of Livelihoods projects
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop weekly update reports
- Work alongside implementing partners and/or contractors based on activity plans; implement directly where required
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities, including local leaders and identification of local focal points.
- Implement beneficiary targeting and verification process for various activity streams.
- Implement/support beneficiary registrations.
- Support partners/contractors/trainers to implement business-focused training programmes.
- Implement or support partner implementation of community-based soft-skills training programmes.
- Implement NRC Community Engagement Approach.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews, with assistants and enumerators.
- Facilitate conducting training and follow up with trainees’ attendance and other training related tasks.
- Work directly with enumerators and community focal points.
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms.
Contract Duration: 5 months
Duty Station: Duhok
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G4/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read Job Description
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.