The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Local External Supervisor at the Sulaymaniyah or Erbil branch in Iraq.
Position: Local External Supervisor
Status: Part-Time (12 hrs/month)
Based: Sulaymaniyah or Erbil, KRG-Iraq
Reports to: The Supervisor reports to the Head of Trauma Care and Health and the Branch Manager.
Required Degree: Master’s or higher degree in Sociology
Application Deadline: December 25, 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: Six Months with the possibility of extension.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Facilitates case supervision within the group and/or individual based on the supervisee’s need.
- Facilitate self-care activities in group and/or individual sessions.
- Encourages supervisees to include social worker as part of treatment planning and support communication with the social workers.
- Supervises the activities in the center in general based on the supervisee’s needs.
Coaching and mentoring
- Provides mentoring and instruction for social workers in group and/or individual sessions if needed.
- Take measures to prevent burnout.
- Provides supervision or other professional development activities on Staff-Care Day.
- Presenting evidence-based Intervention techniques and practically supporting the staff to implement them confidently.
- Suggests training, seminars, awareness sessions, and potential external supervision for staff and clients.
Communication and representation
- Proposes any needs of supervisees to the Clinical Lead and Trauma Care and Health team.
- sends a report about staff needs and limitations with a suggested plan to support the staff.
Carry out any other relevant duties according to the professional capacities and position in the organization as assigned by the line manager in mutual agreement.
- Master’s or higher degree in Sociology.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and data entry.
- Fluent in Kurdish (English skills desired). Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills, especially in managing groups.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional training and seminars;
- Working in an international and dedicated team, with the opportunity to travel;
- Paid holidays (24 days for the full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon;
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your previous work experience and your motivation and CV (both in English) via this form: https://form.jotform.com/233441274017449
Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered!
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.