The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Logistic Officer at the location in Erbil, Iraq, to plan, organize and conduct logistical, procurement and other related activities.
|Status||full-time employee (01.12.2022 – 01.10. 2024 with the possibility of an extension)|
|Reports to||Head of Finance, C4JR Project Coordinator, Center Manager|
|Required Degree||Bachelor, Master’s Degrees will be preferred|
|Required experience||No less than three years of experience in the field of procurement, logistics, office management and administration or related.|
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in arranging workshops, events, and training activities.
- Check log books, and inventory records and assist in the physical checks of office/field inventory
- Assist with hotel bookings/travel arrangements of staff and training participants
- Assist the finance team in calculating monthly cash projections.
- Monitoring the validity of vendor contracts, lease agreement and vehicle rental agreements to ensure the timely renewal of contracts
- Assist in procurements by preparing PRs/RFQs, comparative sheets and drafting the agreement
- Ensure a proper documentation system is in place to maintain procurement documents, vehicle log books, records of office supplies/consumables, office equipment and project inventory
- Work in close coordination with Finance/Program teams in chalking out procurement plans for smooth and timely implementation of project activities.
- Prepare and update vendor database on a regular basis
- Ensure all documentation is in place and compliance with policies & procedures and donor rules.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Fluent in Kurdish, Arabic, and English;
- No less than three years of experience in the field of procurement, logistics, office management and administration or related.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in staff-to-staff training as well as seminars with external trainers;
- Access to a special library with a large collection of literature on human rights, torture, mental and physical health etc., for self-study;
- Paid holidays (24 days for the full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, maybe agreed upon;
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions;
The Jiyan Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Address 104 Zaniary Quarter – Area 26 – House 4 (across Safi Hirani roundabout) USD Month
- How to apply Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for working with Jiyan, your curriculum vitae, as well as relevant references in one PDF file (max. size 15 MB) in English to https://form.jotform.com/222995560039362