Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking to fill Logistics Advisor role to be based in Basra, Iraq on 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off rotation, a secondment role for one of the clients.
- Provide timely and accurate logistics inputs to projects and provide resources as agreed in the project plan
- Ensure that the Logistics & Services FOD complies with all Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and Iraq government safety, health, and environment requirements. Set high standards of safety, health, environmental, security, professional competence, ethics and personal behavior
- Coordinates and support all logistics project activities performed at the site (field and facilities such as road construction and repairs, building refurbishment, camp/ station/field infrastructure improvements and repairs)
- Administers all activities concerned with Planning/Scheduling and Contracts for works and services carried out under various contracts associated with Logistics Support to Production and Projects
- Coordinating and administrating contracts to ensure cost and schedule compliance
- Taking precaution to avoid any delivery delays that may affect operational obligations
- Generating reports for stakeholders with actionable data and insights.
- Execution of the industry standard policies related to quality, safety and process improvement
- Tracking supplier invoices, match invoices to corresponding purchase orders
- Conducting monthly capacity and performance analysis to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated
Logistics Project Advisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling facilities maintenance activities and equipment preventive maintenance schedules
- Liaise with EMIL operations concerning maintenance priorities.
- Gather and report Maintenance and Reliability KPIs.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Provide project updates to stakeholders as per demand and requirement
- Perform regular assessment of project execution to identify areas for improvement
- Manage interdepartmental coordination to ensure smooth project execution
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Maintain strict confidentiality and protection of sensitive documentation
- Prepares Request for Proposal. Interfaces with affected sections to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included
- Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices – None Compliance Report (NCR’s)
- Coordinate with the Logistics Supervisor, Procurement and Business Services on contractual terms
- Ensure compliance with management of vital records and relevant correspondence to support reporting, contract audit, claims and litigations, and contract close out, Control Catalogue
- Provide high level of support including technical input toward the design, development, application as required to support and to sustain production operations
- Promote and enable Production Best Practices achievements using KPI’s and regular interface meetings with both key end-user representatives and logistics service providers
- Responsible for resolving customer problems that may arise, solving process problems, and establishing a help channel for logistics problem escalations
- Communication and interpersonal skills: have to interact with multiple individuals, including management, employees, and suppliers, and customers. So, it is important that Logistics Project Advisor have exceptional verbal and written communication skills to convey information to others
- Organizational and coordination abilities: The logistics Project Advisor is responsible for several processes in a fast-paced environment, so he must have the ability to harmonize and monitor several at the same time.
- Demonstrate excellent SHE behaviors at all times
- Possesses and is recognized as having a specialized depth of experience with Contract administration
- Superior analytical skills and ability to make decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Self-starter: Applicants must be self-motivated individuals with energy and drive, able to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Problem-solving skills: It is important that applicants can spot problems and generate rational and logical solution to the problems
Skills / Qualifications
Logistics Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Shall have and Demonstrates strong planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with Production, Development, Projects, Drilling and Exploration; able to network effectively across organizations.
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, innovation
- Functional Skills: SHE management – operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management, maintenance – mechanical, logistics
- Experience in a contracts administration role in the oil and gas industry
- Good understanding & extensive experience of procurement and contract administration processes and principles
- Ability to efficiently work with other groups to resolve issues
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- 5-10 years of Oil & Gas Logistics & Contract Administration, preference on experience of three to five years in managing projects of similar size and type
- Knowledge of project management frameworks and best practices
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail, Strong time management skills, Communication skills, Ability to work well with others, Organization skills, Quality management skills, Works well with deadlines, Knowledge of logistics systems, Ability to contribute individually to greater goal, Planning skills, Knowledge of logistics subset
Key Competencies – Knowledge:
- Must have Sound knowledge of Logistics Project , Maintenance and field management
- Labor relations – able to interact in multi-cultural environment, Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and inventory skills , Bi lingual capabilities– Arabic speaking would be preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!