Search for Common Ground (Search) is the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding organization envisioning a world of safe, healthy, and just societies, free from the threat of violent conflict. Founded in 1982, Search works on the frontlines of today’s most consequential conflicts where millions of lives are at stake. Our core methodology is called the Common Ground Approach, through which we help adversaries learn to trust each other, create avenues for collaboration, and generate breakthroughs for peace. Search works in multiple countries across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with our MENA Regional Office based in Amman.
The Logistics and Admin team is responsible for supporting the seamless functioning of our operations. The Logistics and Admin team oversees various logistical processes and provides crucial administrative support to different departments, ensuring the implementation of our strategies and policies in alignment with Search and donor guidelines.
- Provide oversight for Logistic strategy and management, ensuring the efficient implementation of operational activities related to procurement, transport, inventory, and asset management.
- Manages processes associated with procurement, transport, inventory and asset management.
- Manages relationships related to the project implementation such as vendors, donors, local partners, authorities and cross team collaborators, and employees.
- Support with daily administration processes and requests, including office maintenance.
- Support the organization with governmental and legal work.
Planning and Procurement Management to include delivery of the following:
- Engagement with program leads on budgeting and strategy.
- Conduct Market Survey and analysis for critical operations services and basic program needs on demand.
- Support program leads in procurement plan review and once agreed action plans.
- Ensure that all procurement and contracted services are done in accordance with Search Supply Chain procedures.
- Establish reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods to the office and program sites.
- Spot-check procurement documentation, and analyze budgets for future procurement needs.
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis. Responsible for the fleet management system & prioritization of requests.
Inventory Management and Assets:
- Develop and set up all inventory tracking systems:
- Ensure Search’s inventory policies and standard inventory tracking tools are in place and accurately maintained in each office.
- Coordinate distribution activities with the program team.
- Roll out asset policy, ensure asset maintenance and tracking, and follow up on asset control across the organization.
- Coordinates with the appropriate country senior management team member in ensuring project, finance, and logistics staff follow donor rules/regulations; ensure donor compliance; leads capacity-building sessions to streamline rules and regulations, and identifies procurement red flags.
- Finalize Procurement Plans and coordinate with project vendors (e.g., hotel, catering, transportation, etc.)
- External Engagement: Maintain regular communication with donors (e.g., 4 corner meetings, reporting, etc.); meet with local authorities as needed, facilitate approvals; meet with partner counterparts, and conduct regular meetings.
- Provide Inputs to strategy development and planning related to technical area of work: Tracking and renewing of Framework Agreements.
- Facilitate visa requests for staff members, coordinating with relevant authorities and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Assist in residency renewal processes, working alongside organization lawyers to ensure legal requirements are met.
- Oversee and manage administrative order renewals for the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Erbil) and Federal Iraq (Baghdad)Prepare and submit official letters, including support letters, government-related processes, and visa-related documents as needed.
- Handle the process of requesting and coordinating the issuance of IDs and business cards for staff members.
- Coordinate and manage requests for office supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels for smooth operations.
- Assist in handling payments related to internet, electricity, services, and rent, ensuring timely and accurate processing. Infuses organizational Values into all work and be committed to safeguarding and child protection responsibilities.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Manages overall strategy and vision. Provides functional and program/project management.
- Anticipates and plans for needs and takes action accordingly.
- Provides guidance to direct reports or matrixed team members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with vendors, organizations, professional associations, partners, funders, and Search’s network of experts critical to the area of purview.
- Modifies a planned course of action in response to new information or new circumstances.
- Responds to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Articulates Search/function program/project goals and objectives within and external to Search.
- Develops program objectives that reflect broader Search strategies and approaches.
- Provides input for standards across functions globally within Shared Services teams and with a view from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Overcomes obstacles using ethical practices; formulates and evaluates morally and ethically justified solutions.
- Assesses risks and opportunities to lead decision-makers to a favorable outcome.
- Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work and sets up systematic checks and balances to support content and data integrity.
- Has knowledge of project management tools including technology as resources for efficiency and reduction of stress.
- Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success in making a decision.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to staff.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations with tact.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with the country office, regional, and HQ staff.
Education and Experience
- Typically BS/BA with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel nationally and internationally at least 20%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility
- May supervise an intern.
- Address Erbil, Iraq
- How to apply Interested candidates can visit below link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/06759beb-aeca-4de2-822b-572e0533b2d0 Deadline for Applications is Thursday, August 24th, 2023. Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible. To apply, interested candidates should submit the following items: Current Resume Cover Letter Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work. All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults. Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.