Overview / Responsibilities
WOOD is looking to hire a Logistics & Materials Supervisor, which is a secondment role for one of our clients to be based in Basra, on 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation.
- You will be responsible for the management of the materials and logistics team providing all aspects of materials management including: expediting, logistics, shipping, materials control, inventory, warehousing and reporting.
- Provide timely and accurate logistics inputs to projects and provide resources as agreed in the project plan.
- Coordinates and support all logistics project activities performed at the site
- Administers all activities concerned with Planning/Scheduling and Contracts for works and services associated with Logistics Support to Production and Projects
- Coordinating and administrating contracts to ensure cost and schedule compliance
- Taking precaution to avoid any delivery delays that may affect operational obligations
- Generating reports for stakeholders with actionable data and insights.
- Execution of the industry standard policies related to quality, safety and process improvement
- Tracking supplier invoices, match invoices to corresponding purchase orders
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 10+ years of significant experience in industry demonstrating results and progression to a similar position
- Logistics and Materials Management
- Inventory Management
- ERP systems
- Client contract requirements
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Leadership, motivation and development of teams and individuals
- Key material control and logistics concepts and principles
- Previous use of ERPs
- Implementation of inventory/material processes and procedures
- Experience in audit and assurance
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!