- Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics Assistant (LA) assists the logistics officer to ensuring the smooth running of day-to-day logistics activities of the Women for Women International (WfWI) – Iraq Country Office, in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Logistics Assistant is responsible for carrying out procurement, ensuring that offices and training centers are well maintained, and that staff has what they need to carry out program activities in a timely, efficient manner.
- Carry out procurement tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures and donor requirements
- Identify sources for supplies and services, send out requests for quotations and complete all procurement documents in a timely and accurate manner (purchase requisition forms, requests for quotations, goods received notes, delivery notes, etc.)
- Prepare a price database for the frequently needed and expected items and update it with actual prices of the market on weekly basis and share it with the meant staff to be used by the staff for filling PRs.
- Provide quality assurance on supplies and ensure that Women for Women International is getting “value for money” in all its purchases and services.
- Organize and keep the procurement documents filed and ready for audits at any time.
- Track utility usage and payments for WfWI offices and training centers (electricity, water, maintenance fees, generators, garbage, internet service, etc.) and prepare payment requests in the financial system as per respective contracts and invoices.
- Ensure that any repair and maintenance needs of the offices and training centers are addressed in a timely, efficient manner.
- Distribute monthly phone cards to eligible staff, ensure that log sheet is duly signed, and documents are submitted into the financial system.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for procurement and logistics documents.
- keep a folder for the movement plan (both hard and electronic copy) for archiving the movement plan and the actual movements with amended travels and additional travels.
All our staff are required to adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and to our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Minimum Diploma in Business, Accounting, or relevant field. Specialized academic certificates or training certificates will be considered as an added advantage.
- Years of experience: 1 year’s of work experience in relevant fields, preferably within INGOs sector.
- Knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain procedures.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity and attention to detail.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the country as required.
- Excellent written and verbal English, Kurdish and Arabic skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email applications.
- Commitment to and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
- How to apply Interested candidates must apply through the below link: Only motivated applications that meet the required qualifications will be contacted. Application deadline: January 21, 2024 Female applicants are highly encouraged for this position.