People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. Formed in 1992 in the Czech Republic, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in post-communist Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society at home and abroad.
PIN began its work in Iraq in 2003 focusing on reconstruction and renovation of schools and health centres. After a short break, PIN decided to re-establish its presence in the country in January 2015, mainly in response to deteriorating humanitarian situation in the country and massive displacement of people from conflict-affected areas. Since then, PIN has maintained a strong presence in Iraq, and has gradually extended its activities across the Governorates of Ninewa, Salah Al-din, Kirkuk and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Typical recipients of our aid are internally displaced persons, returnees, and people who survived the fighting near their homes and meet the pre-defined criteria of vulnerability.
Apart from humanitarian aid, PIN is currently working on long-term programmes supporting restoring livelihoods, education, and climate change.
1. Fleet management
- Prepare movement plans on daily basis for field trips and city drives.
- Arrangement of pickups on arrivals and departures from and to the airport.
- Check fleet efficiency, including cost-efficiency of vehicles’ usage.
- Conducts vehicle checklists on monthly basis.
2. Office Management
- Carrying out weekly check of Erbil and field offices, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line-manager.
- Support in purchase of office equipment, stationery, consumables and other goods, e.g. furniture, visibility materials, etc… and purchase of services of document translation for PIN office in Erbil according and in line with PIN procurement policy.
- Support in providing monthly payments of rent and utilities, coordinates office maintenance; checking and discussing with landlord as for maintenance/repair needs, providing preliminary information and conclusion on needed items/services to the line-manager.
- Access to office arrangements and visitor handling rules.
- Collaborate with IT Dept. on asset management and asset inventory.
3. Guesthouse Management
- Support in purchases basic guesthouse equipment, furniture, consumables and other goods according to PIN Procurement Policy.
- Arranges small house repairs in guesthouses in Erbil in cooperation with the real-estate and owners.
- Support in providing monthly payments of utilities, coordinates guesthouses maintenance
- Assists to guests and international staff (accommodation, arrange working space, SIM cards, contacts, keys distribution, etc.)
- Conduct monthly guesthouse checklists to ensure the condition are in line with the standards.
4. Stock and Warehousing
- Prepare and maintain warehousing and stock related documents, including GDNs, GRNs, waybills…etc.
- Create and monitor stock cards related to projects, and ensure timely transfers with program department.
- Supervision of the loaders.
- Warehouse keeping, including arrangement of items, labelling, categorization…etc.
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in the Code of Conduct, National Staff Handbook, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Required University Degree
- At least one year experience in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, operations or administration.
- Good computer usage of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Upper intermediate English, and fluency in Arabic and Kurdish are required
- Self management and result orientation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by latest 5th February 2024 via a link (please consider that this appointment is subject to the final project approval from the donor.: https://airtable.com/appa9L6ZX9qLaKynI/shrDd9Vp9iwUZqXcH Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early Applications are encouraged as the suitable Candidate might be Selected before the Application Deadline. People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.