- Assist in defining specifications of purchased items by liaising with requesters and suppliers.
- Assist in preparing and filing all documentation to comply with MAG procurement policy, liaising with logistics teams in each base if necessary.
- Liaise with suppliers and service providers to ensure timely and accurate completion of orders.
- Assist in preparing request for payment for all procurement files, utilities expense with completed supported document and ensure all payments are processed in time.
- Work on updating the procurement trackers on a daily basis in coordination with Logistics Officer and Procurement and Inventory Manager.
- Assist in updating asset register and maintain documentation related to assets. Ensure all purchases of assets are recorded and tagged before being delivered to users.
- Assist in preparing document for disposal of assets as necessary.
- Liaise with Procurement and Inventory Manager to undertake of asset & vehicle registration when required.
- Attend logistic team meetings when required
- Ensure that the Procurement and Inventory Manager is briefed on all relevant issues
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
The Logistics Assistant will be reporting to the Procurement and Inventory Manager.
- Work in compliance with/ uphold MAG’s Safeguarding framework – Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Policy on Modern Slavery
- Encourage an open and transparent way of working that facilitates a strong safeguarding culture within and between teams
- Ensure that all staff understand the provisions clearly and challenge any unacceptable behaviour
- Ensure that any concerns, reports or complaints are taken seriously and investigated promptly and thoroughly
- At least 2 years of appropriate experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive, determined, willing to learn & share knowledge and committed to quality
- Good written and spoken English and the ability to communicate with clarity and credibility (spoken & writing) is an asset
- Computer skills: Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Self-Organized, team player and ability to work under limited supervision
- Supervision skills, able to motivate and control a small team
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel)
- Very good in written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain clear record keeping systems to monitor supply chain and asset management
- The ability to communicate with clarity and credibility on paper and face-to-face
- Effective negotiation skills
- Able to drive
Application procedure for the position
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email [email protected]
The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title (Logistics Assistant) in the subject line of their email. The applications with no job title in the subject line would automatically be rejected.
MAG is an equal opportunities employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
The closing date for receiving applications is 18th June 2020. Late applications will not be accepted