The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Erbil
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Logistics Assistant (Vehicle Fleet Manager Assistant)
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal)
Location: Iraq – Erbil
Date of Issue: 7 January 2021
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for 40 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect and assets affected by armed conflict and other situation of violence to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening Inter-national Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Vehicle Fleet Manager Assistant overseas administrative assistant and provides secretarial and/or administrative support for the Fleet department in Erbil Sub-Delegation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Vehicle Fleet Manager in Erbil:
- Updates and retrieves data in/from specialized tools and database.
- Drafts and finalizes correspondence, bordereaux, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; share information among users.
- Keep proper filling of all fleet assets documents (vehicles, generators, etc.)
- Using Fleet Waves, creates and follows up the fleet RO’s done in Erbil Sub-Delegation.
- Follow and prepare a list for all ICRC vehicles need ID renewal; PVI (period vehicle inspection); traffic violation; local registrations; local insurance.
- Follow up the service schedule for all the assets (vehicles; generators; forklifts) and avoid the late service in cooperation with Vehicle Fleet Manager.
- Follow up the accident files at national level with local third – party insurance companies when applicable.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Valid driving license
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Computer proficiency
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Data analysis skills.
- Beneficiary and client focused.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment.
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
- How to apply To Apply Interested candidates with above required profile should forward the following to ([email protected]) Updated Curriculum Vitae A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications Salary expectations “Please highlight in the subject of the email the following points: 1- Job title that you are applying for. 2- Specify the recruitment channel. 3- Put the ICRC site as well that you are applying for. For this post as an example the subject of the email should be like this: “Vehicle Fleet Manager Assistant/vacanciesiniraq.com/ICRC ERB”. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and engagement is needed immediately. ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruits on the basis of professional attributes only. Candidates new to the ICRC, and Women are highly encouraged to apply.