Logistics Manager (LM) is an essential member of the Control Risks management team supporting a major project in Southern Iraq. The LM’s main objective is to deliver and maintain logistical support to the contract and provide technical and administrative support and advice to ensure the project has the correct equipment(s) to meet all its operational requirements.
The LM will work on a rotational basis of 6 weeks in country and 6 weeks at home. This position will be required to land in Basra on 19 December 2022 to complete a 3-day handover and start their 6-week rotation on 22 December 2022.
Role tasks and responsibilities
- Provide logistic advice to the Project Security Manager.
- Manage and maintain the project equipment holdings.
- Maintain team and departmental equipment holdings.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, management checks on APT and project holdings.
- Ensure project equipment is always maintained and serviceable.
- Maintain an issue and receipt system for all equipment on the project.
- Enforce Control Risks Logistics and Equipment Support Procedures.
- Maintain an effective weapon issue and receipt system.
- Conduct daily and weekly serial number checks.
- Submit project level weekly weapon and ammunition returns.
- Liaise with the Contractor for all accommodation related issues.
- Liaise with the Equipment Support Director on all vehicle related issues.
- Implement vehicle maintenance policy and schedule with Equipment Support Director and Fleet Manager Iraq.
- Understanding of vehicle systems and technology.
- Manage project vehicle fault report and submission to repair facility.
- Maintain Fleet procedures in line with company / contractor requirements.
- Submit weekly vehicle fuel and mileage returns.
- Ex-Military with at least 8 years’ experience.
- Preferred to have held a logistics position equivalent to CQMS/RQMS/QM/MTO.
- Understanding of Logistics and Fleet Management.
- Proven IT skills with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Previous experience in Logistics or Transport.
- Working knowledge and previous experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Preferred experience in garage management/vehicle maintenance workshop.
Qualifications and specialist skills
- CQMS/RQMS/QM qualified.
- HSE Qualification.
- Supply Chain Management experience.
- Level 5 – Leadership and Management.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Life insurance cover
- Personal Accident insurance
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
- The job advert will close on Thursday 01 December 2022