General Description of the Programme
INTERSOS had been working in Iraq from 2003 till 2010 with programs aimed at responding to urgent material safety needs and enhancing access to basic social services for vulnerable individuals and communities in Southern Iraq, Baghdad and Kurdistan.
Following the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic and the deterioration of the humanitarian situation which has negatively affected also the neighbouring countries, in November 2013 INTERSOS has resumed the operations in the Iraq to contribute towards ensuring emergency relief and social protection assistance for the Syrian refugees fleeing their home in search of safety. In July 2014 INTERSOS has extended its operations in the Kurdistan Region and is currently providing services aimed at assisting both Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs in camp and non-camp settings, with interventions mainly concentrated on the Community Services, Protection and Education Sectors. INTERSOS is now planning to further contribute towards assisting vulnerable conflict-affected civil population in the whole of Iraq by expanding the on-going activities in terms of geographical target areas and sectors of expertise to properly respond to unmet needs and detected gaps.
Overview of the Role
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics officer will provide day to day support to the Logistics activities in Mosul base as with the procurement and facilities management, administration, preliminary – preparation of all needed documents for the logistics.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Support in the tracking market prices, market assessment availability based on PR, proactive searching of new approaches, products.
- Support in filing for procurements, support in preparation of bid documents, purchases, specifications, keeping procurement files in order.
- Support in the communication with suppliers for the clarification of bids.
- Support in the preparation of procurement plan, based on follow up of Supply request and coordination with teams in different bases.
- Support in crosscheck that the documents matches, archiving.
- Set up and maintain contract follow up, update supply tracker.
- Preparation the documents with the attention to details.
Transportation and Fleet management:
- Contribute and maintain full implementation of the Standard Operative Procedure (SOPs) about Fleet management in the mission.
- In coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, provide daily management of the base fleet, in line with INTERSOS policies.
- Provide oversight, monitoring and training of all drivers.
- Direct responsibility of shipments of the relief items, equipment etc. at the base level required by the field team in INTERSOS working areas in a timely and cost-effective way of delivery in line with the right procedures, taking into account national and customs regulations.
- Maintain Vehicles Log Books, follow up on the maintenance checks and align all drivers with INTERSOS fleet practices.
- Identify and ensure needs for tools, spare parts, vehicle contents, and safety equipment are in place in all INTERSOS vehicles.
- Produce monthly consumption reports of all vehicles.
- Ensure essential facility supplies are readily provided e.g. power, water, telephone, internet, etc.; Ensure the proper utility and good shape of the facilities (Plumbing/ water and electricity supply device/ sanitary ware of the premises);
- Support of the following up the consumption of office material, fuel and lubricants used in the different facilities (office, house, store, etc), creating effective supply chain those office items (support in lists to set up framework agreements).
- Contact with landlords and update the contract tracking at the base level/
- Assure to organize accommodation and facility services for workshops and training events.
- Produce and respect a maintenance plan of all services in the offices and guesthouses in the area of responsibility;
- Responsible for the WH/store management in the field base, making sure that the documentation for incoming and exiting equipment and stock items are in place and updated;
- Assure the respect of the delivery timeframe (IN and OUT) of the equipment / assets within the warehouse;
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking / storage plans prior to programming / contingency commodities arrivals;
- Assure the security of the warehouse and put in place all needed action in order to avoid any type losing equipment / assets;
- Field site visit in all different projects sites in order to support logistics activities;
- Report achievements and difficulties and give suggestions to improve procurement, warehouse and Offices and Guesthouses management in INTERSOS base;
- Any other tasks not listed above in order to support and improve;
Qualifications and Qualities
- Friendly and affable.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies.
- Meticulous with attention to detail.
- Empathy with the aims and objective of INTERSOS Program and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Commitment to ensuring the protection of INTERSOS’s beneficiaries
- Relevant experience in logistics in humanitarian contexts.
- Experienced in emergency and conflict settings.
- Large field availability.
- Good in communication and capable to cooperate with other departments.
- Flexibility and patience highly appreciated.
- Able to work in English and Arabic (verbal and written).
- Address Ninewa
- How to apply For application, please click on "APPLY NOW". Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date