Carry out or supervise all logistics, supply and ITC activities in the base and associated projects according to INTERSOS standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Plan, oversight, and manage logistics and supply support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of base/project activities.
Logistics Information Management:
- Input Logistics Data in INTERSOS Logistics software (INTERSOS Management Platform – IMP) in an accurately and timely manner. Provide training to base staffs if required and support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in the mission
Supply Chain Management and Procurement :
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the supply activities of the base and define the level of priority. Implement the adequate tools and procedures
- Carry out local purchases (RFQ and Direct Purchase) for goods and services in respect of INTERSOS and donor requirements and ensure that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Follow up the payments of all suppliers and collect all the necessary supporting documents from them i.e., receipts and delivery notes. Ensure before any payment is made all originals are in coordination office.
- Support the Country Supply Manager and Country Logistics Coordinator in ensuring that all procurements are completed on IMP and all necessary documents are uploaded and properly archived in the finance department.
- In collaboration with the Country Logistics Coordinator/Supply Manager and the PM Is responsible for the effective usage of the IMS and accounting of inventories.
- Follow the defined Procurement Plan and coordinate the local purchases with project staffs.
- Submit purchase requests to the Country Supply Manager for ITB and tenders and/or any other purchase that cannot be made locally.
- Facilitate the negotiation with local purchasers and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Run market assessments and update the pre-qualified supplier’s lists.
- Update all the supplier files and ensure all formation related to the supplier have been fully updated on the IMP.
- Collaborate for the preparation of the monthly logistics report.
Facilities and Communications Management :
- Ensure the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouses facilities in an adequate living condition and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards and brand identity manual. Ensure the application of defined safety and security measures and make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Ensure that facilities have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and in line with policies and procedures – allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ and proper
management of the bases. Guarantees that all staffs in the mission have proper training on how to use communications equipment available (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.).
Asset Management :
- Support on the purchase, use and maintenance of IT assets, office and project equipment and communication tools, while ensuring that all base assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged and logged according to asset
management policies and procedures.
- Support the CLC/CLM on reporting asset list at the end of project and oversee asset rollover according to defined destination with the Programs department.
- Oversee regular fixed assets check on a quarterly basis.
Transportation Management :
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols and Brand Identity Manual is applied in the base, fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid.
- Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staffs. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly
handled by logistics staffs.
- Plan vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures.
Human Resources Management :
- Monitor activities of contractors and team under his/her responsibility.
Applied Security :
- Monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring day-to day the application of
security rules and reporting to the CLC/CLM and Head of Mission any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Base Logistics Officer has to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training. Certifications in the domain would be an asset.
- 2-year experience in logistics and/or supply chain.
- Desirable experience with other NGOs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) and radio equipment user-knowledge.
- Service orientation.
- Behavioral flexibility.
- Results and quality orientation.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Stress management.
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
- Mission language essential (Arabic and English). Local working language desirable.
- Address Tikrit
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area .