Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Advisor to be based in Basra, Iraq.
Equal Rotation :28/28
Long Term Prospective
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies. We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Scope of Responsibilities
- The Maintenance Advisor’s purpose is to provide guidance and mentoring to local teams on proper maintenance practices and Preventative Maintenance Strategies to improve plant reliability and performance. Support good planning and scheduling and prioritize corrective maintenance.
- Liaise closely with the ROO Maintenance Delivery Manager and ROO National Managers.
- Develops maintenance plans and CMMS best practices.
- Promotes the adherence to an established Work Order Cycle.
- Assist in the implementation of Maintenance Strategies at the station allotted.
- Provides external maintenance resources (service contract and material) to support normal and exceptional maintenance activities.
- Manages and documents changes to maintenance scope, schedule, content, and deferral.
- Controls common user’s services operations such as scaffolding, lifting, insulation and painting.
- Performance coaching of Team & Individuals.
- Assists in managing Team training & development.
- Contractor Performance Management.
- Enforce maintenance practices that deliver excellence in HS&E and all prevailing engineering standards and codes of practice.
- Ensure that work is properly planned and scheduled to minimize impact on production.
- Ensure that proper coordination between Operations, Projects and Maintenance occurs.
- Demonstrate team performance to execute the work efficiently and safely through maintenance KPI’s.
- Participate in audits, inspections and safety observation tours as directed by line manager or client.
- Comply with client procedures and checklists to ensure all tasks are completed with full regard to Safety Health and Environment.
- Support the planning, issue, and control of work permits.
- Diagnose and rectify faults to enhance maximum availability of equipment.
- Liaise with Project Engineers on maintenance issues.
- Provide technical input into modification work packs.
- Answer technical queries and guide Local Team and contract personnel on maintenance and best practices
- Focal point for improvement opportunities within own discipline, liaising with training suppliers, vendors, and support personnel.
- Lead on root cause analysis as required by client.
- Provide maintenance support to shutdown teams as / when required.
- Assist in the commissioning after plant modifications or new plant post engineering
- Advise on document control and holdings.
- Provide input into the planning process.
- We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests. If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.