Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Maintenance Coach to strengthen our team in Iraq. This is a 4/4 weeks rotation.
The Maintenance Coach carries accountability and responsibility for; coaching, deploying and sustaining maintenance planning and execution capabilities across the Asset in Basra Gas Company. He / she delivers short-term and long-term business results while managing business risks. He / she has a dual focus: 1. The Maintenance coach works collaboratively with Basra Gas Company management to deliver specific improvements, business results and develop local capabilities. 2. The Maintenance Coach works autonomously to deliver staff coaching, embedding of the maintenance process, support start-up & commissioning, assure compliance with industry standards, protect parent company interests and to raise the level of monitoring and reporting through consistent use of company systems.
The Maintenance Coach has direct control or influence on the following activities:
• Provide functional alignment and guidance related to all aspects of Maintenance Management, Planning and Execution, including identification of opportunities and development/ implementation of improvement initiatives.
• Interface with Asset Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager for Maintenance in each Asset, in order to safely achieve Maintenance KPI compliance,
• Prepare and promote specific strategies for maintenance improvements to ensure support for these strategies from key stakeholders.
• Develop Maintenance plans derived from strategies including delivery of insourcing / outsourcing Programs to be developed to the point of execution including schedules, resource profiles and budgets. Embed these within the asset team and ensure ownership and accountability transfer to the asset maintenance team & Asset planning team
• Identify areas of need for specialist support and associated contract requirements and ensure these requirements are communicated to Maintenance Manager & C&P in a timely manner.
• Develop and recommend improvements in extant maintenance planning and execution strategies and support contracts to deliver improved maintenance – with Maintenance Excellence Manager
• Execute Maintenance planning and execution strategies using internal/ external resources including contract and budgetary management. Transfer ownership to planning team
• Identify lessons learned/ improvement actions for each initiative and manage the implementation of these actions.
• Identify and evaluate risks to preparing and delivering operations and maintenance activities, proposing mitigations measures where necessary, ensuring risks are managed to ALARP.
• Develop, coach and help increase the competency of the Maintenance Management personnel in a structured and auditable manner. Provide one to one support to Maintenance Manager with the purpose of addressing specific business delivery issues and overcoming programmatic blocks.
• Introduce Maintenance Management personnel to wider business concepts, integrating client functions with maintenance at the hub including acting as a known route for introduction of new concepts.
• Introduce Maintenance Management personnel to measures and KPIs to enable insights into and control of maintenance performance consistent with client measures
• Have a strong on-site presence, demonstrating safety leadership behaviours and safe maintenance of production assets
• Carry out HSE / process safety site visits, inspections and audits. Report and investigate incidents, take corrective actions and share learning
• As with all secondee roles, where operational need dictates and they are best placed, the Maintenance Coach may be required to perform any role they are qualified for as directed by management.
Skills / Qualifications
• Set expectations and monitor compliance to process standards through supervision, intervention and timely feedback.
• Develop client maintenance capability through specific improvement strategies, plans and advancements/ enhancements.
• Support the wider production, maintenance and planning organizations utilizing operations/ maintenance processes and technologies to deliver consistency through prioritisation of efforts.
• Engage and build strong relationships with the Asset Leadership teams as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify and deliver improvement opportunities to increase effectiveness of operations and maintenance.
• Provide process and technical support to assist in the delivery of competent resources.
• Provide HSE leadership in support of Safe Operations and client Safety Improvement Programmes
• The key aspect of the role is early integration and fostering strong relationships with the local staff to embed integrity and production related behaviours, then achieve delivery through them.
• Work across the full BNGL organisation, demonstrating efforts and initiatives are driven by business need and priority.
• Assist maintenance organizations within the Production Operations space, to safely transition client through to Make it Safe, Make it Work and Make it Grow. Embed OMP & WMP as part of the day to day structure of delivery
• Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and Project Teams
• Ability to influence and coach all operations and maintenance organizations
• To draw together and coordinate disparate parts of the organisation to deliver singularly focused interventions.
• Decision making with ambiguity i.e. when not all information is available.
• Working closely with local counterparts, including more senior staff in client, to support competence development through coaching and instruction of national employees with limited formal training
• Overcoming language barriers as many of the Iraqi nationals are not fluent in English
• Physically challenging working environment
• Recognize and manage the sensitivities and particularities that come with a proud and hierarchical organization that has been operating as a State Company, in isolation and under very difficult circumstances for more than 30 years.
• Working with a workforce who have not seen modern day & current standards of automation and control.
• Development of fit for purpose work processes suitable for less mature JV organization.
• Delivery into an organization, remaining compliant with industry standards and recognised best practices.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!