The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, works with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
Under Task Order 4, the Ninewa Investment Facilitation Initiative (NIFI), IGPA aims to increase employment and economic opportunities by helping the private sector, including small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and, as appropriate, larger, developed businesses) build business management capacity, increase competitiveness, and access financing.
In addition, IGPA/NIFI delivers training workshops to help business owners and entrepreneurs acquire the knowledge and skills needed to launch and manage their businesses successfully. IGPA/NIFI training workshops use clear objectives and incorporate exercises and case studies for hands-on experiential learning.
The M&E Reporting Officer will support monitoring and evaluation for the project by drafting, monitoring, and reporting on the monitoring and evaluation plan and progress against each activity and ensuring technical support to each activity area is effective and efficient. The M&E Reporting Officer will also contribute to weekly and monthly project reports, compiling information and inputting figures detailing progress against the project’s targets and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to contract reporting requirements and success stories and conduct periodic data quality and completeness reviews
- Support and contribute to the M&E system design and implementation
- Manage the implementation of baseline surveys, program indicators and targets, and gather qualitative and quantitative data related to those indicators and targets
- Provide performance monitoring and evaluation to include developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to performance monitoring and work plans
- Ensure timely preparation of M&E related progress reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Work with technical teams on a quarterly basis to gather information on lessons learned and best practices
- Provide technical assistance and training on tools and methodology to staff and local partners
- Provide support to local partners to develop and test theories of change, and create forums for information sharing and learning
- Provide data analysis in support of periodic reporting, including success stories in collaboration with the Communications & Outreach Manager
- Conduct data quality assessments to test the validity and reliability of data used to measure program impact
- Where applicable, collect data on program performance and impact, including undertaking field visits to activity sites
- Any other duties as assigned by the Task Order Team Lead.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring evaluation, program management, or knowledge management
- At least 1 year of experience in a USAID M&E function with responsibility for data collection and maintenance of M&E systems in Iraq
- Substantial experience with baseline survey design, supervision and analysis
- Excellent writing and organizational skills and experience preparing well- researched reports
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private- sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting
- Proficiency in database management and data analysis
- Willingness to travel to Ninewa Province and elsewhere in northern Iraq required.
- Strong written and spoken English and Arabic required.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. This position is for Iraqi nationals only.