• Lead the implementation of AFH’s MEAL System
• Ensure the roll-out of the country MEAL strategy integrating cross-cutting issues (Gender, protection, accountability, Do-No-Harm, community participation, and disability)
• Lead the creation and implementation of assessment teams, assessment framework, and methodologies and support to roll out in the field.
• Work with Programme Teams to assist with the development of tools checklists, monitoring forms, sector-specific log frames, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, plans, and selection of indicators and targets.
• Support the MEAL Officers in NES and KRI in the implementation of program evaluations, planning itineraries, training field staff for data collection, and ensuring learning from findings and recommendations is communicated to the program department
• Provide support to partners to review their MEAL mechanism
• Lead beneficiary accountability across all programs in keeping with the Accountability Framework
• Ensure the quality and relevance of Monitoring and Evaluation activities, recommendations, and analysis produced by the MEAL department (not limited to studies, maps, methodology documents, recommendation tracker, reporting dashboards, etc.)
• Prepare and submit narrative reports based on the findings both in all work areas in NES and Iraq and contribute to donor reporting. The reports should particularly focus on the impact of services provided by AFH in this program and adjustments to the program for more effectiveness.
• Provide methodology support for the learning aspects of the projects at the field level and contribute to institutional knowledge building at the country level
• Provide up-to-date MEAL plan and manage the MEAL budget and resources in coordination with relevant departments (Logs, HR, Programme, IT, etc)
• Enhance a constant collaboration with program teams in the objective of improving the project’s quality
• Conduct field monitoring visits as appropriate
• Train MEAL staff and relevant staff on data collection and beneficiary accountability and other MEAL related topics
• Oversee the design and operation of databases for the entry and analysis of survey data to ensure that data is being managed promptly and effectively and is being communicated across all programming and operational teams.
• Other duties as assigned
|Required Skills and Abilities:
3-5 years of professional experience in MEAL, data management and reporting.
IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power BI
Knowledge of using analytical and presentation software is a plus
Good communication skills
Experience working with NGOs and demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian standards and standard of ethics
Very good organizational skills and ability to analyze information.
Good proficiency in English and Arabic in writing and speaking.
Ability to work under pressure and manage a team.