AT OXFAM, WE WON’T LIVE WITH POVERTY.
Together we can end extreme poverty for good. Will you join us?
Closing date: – 23rd June 2022
Interview date: – TBC
Vacancy reference: – INT8610
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam Programme in Iraq started on 2014 responding to humanitarian needs of displaced population as a result of the war against ISIS. We are currently implementing humanitarian and development projects in Salah Al-Din and other governorates in Iraq. The programme focuses on multi-sectoral projects delivering water supply, sanitation and hygiene support, livelihoods and economic support, gender and protection.
The MEAL team will be accountable for ensuring the project design, management, monitoring, accountability, learning, evaluation and reporting processes meet Oxfam Minimum Standards for programming and CAMSA guidelines.
The main purpose of the MEAL intern is to support the country and field MEAL team on undertaking of different monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL), reporting and data management activities. Especially, the MEAL intern will coordinate different learning events, and trainings; documentation and sharing of different survey/evaluation/assessment reports, best practices and lessons learnt.
|Location:||Salah Al Din – Based in Tikrit|
|As Per Oxfam Salary Scale
As per Oxfam Salary Scale
|Contract type:||Service Contract|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|This role reports to:||MEAL Officer
|Staff reporting to this post:||Enumerators.
|Annual budget for the post:||N/A|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.|
Job Purpose – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The intern will provide operational assistance to the Program team in the following areas:
- Collect data from the field as per the MEAL plan under guidance of the MEAL Officer.
- Develop and submit weekly and/or monthly field monitoring reports in consultation with the MEAL Officer
- Assets the MEAL Officer in providing field level feedback on monitoring checklists or tools.
- Monitor the implementation of evaluation recommendations at field level
Evaluation, Review, and Learning:
- Assist in conducting surveys, observational monitoring, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Supervise data collection process at field level and share recommendations with MEAL officer.
- Assist the project team and partners in documenting lessons learnt, collecting best practices and case studies
- Support the MEAL Officer in preparing Project MEAL reports by providing field level impression.
- Supervise project baselines, End line, PDM and Verification surveys under the supervision of the MEAL Officer.
- Following up with the MEAL enumerators, attendance sheets, payment, insurance and contracts.
- Working closely with the MEAL Officer, review/update MEAL weekly plans on regular basis, in close coordination with project teams and Oxfam’s partners.
- Ensure implementation of MEAL frameworks and adherence to Oxfam quality standards.
Programme monitoring, Information management and Reporting:
- Receive and upload complaints from all feedback mechanism and follow up with the programs.
- Manage and report community complaints and feedback under the supervision of the MEAL Officer.
- Shares feedback and complaints with field teams and track follow-up.
- Share weekly/monthly reports with the MEAL officer
- Assist the MEAL Officer in establishing and managing the Complaint and Feedback Mechanism at field level with beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Field data collection and data management:
- Assist MEAL officer with the training of data collectors
- Carrying out and supervising data collection (Focus group discussions, post-distribution monitoring, surveys, observations etc.) and data entry.
- Making initial data processing and coordinate with Project Team and partners in finalizing quantitative and qualitative data analyses and drafting of reports.
- Reports to / alerts the project team on regular basis on any anticipated project issues, risks and any emerging opportunities and threats to the project implementation, related to this role.
- Supports in the establishment and management of a beneficiary database system
- Supports the Project Management in producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
- Ensures all MEAL-related data and files are properly organized and stored
Coordination and Networking:
- Attend relevant field level sectoral coordination meetings to identify opportunities for integration of data collection activities, harmonization, secondary information sources etc.
- Delivering any other responsibility related to MEAL assigned by the line manager.
skills, experience and knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in MEAL with an NGO or similar organisation.
- Basic understanding of M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in both humanitarian and developmental responses is an added value
- Willingness to improve planning, coordination, and reporting skills
- Experience and skills in playing a supportive role.
- Ability to communicate and support diverse teams in consortia Oxfam works with.
- Experience of working with an NGO – especially in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- A good understanding of the Iraqi context and cultures.
- An understanding of gender, protection and diversity issues in livelihoods and economic development programs.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, community mobilisation experience and ability to work in teams.
- Ability to travel and to work in difficult circumstances.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of other data analysis software will be an added value
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Note to candidates: Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organisational values and attributes at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct. We encourage candidates to read and understand our code of conduct here.
At Oxfam, our job descriptions provide a guide to what might be expected in the role. Along with our strategy the job profile is used to help to shape specific objectives for employees. Employees are supported to deliver these objectives and they are annually assessed against them as part of the Oxfam performance review process. This job profile is not incorporated into the employment contract.
HOW TO APPLY
· Go to: for external applicants:
· For internal applicants:
· Search for the vacancy using the reference number
· Complete the online application process
· Ensure you submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date. Unless a different time is specified in the advert.
What will I need
· Each recruitment is unique and you will need to follow the instructions part of the online application process. You will usually be asked to provide:
· Your personal contact details.
· The details of your referee(s).
· Details on how you meet the skills, experience and knowledge that are required for this role.
Support and help
· Look at our how to apply section for helpful tips
· Technical glitch? If you have any issues when submitting your application please contact
· We are unable to accept prospective application but you can sign up for our job alerts here
Oxfam is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team.
how to find out more about us
Find out about everything we do – http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do
Get a feel of what it is like to work at Oxfam – http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/working-at-oxfam/life-at-oxfam
Find out more about our pay & benefits – http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/working-at-oxfam/what-oxfam-offers
OXFAM LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK
|Decisiveness||We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.|
|Influencing||We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.|
|Humility||We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.|
|Relationship Building||We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.|
|Listening||We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear, and consider different preferences.|
|Mutual Accountability||We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.|
|Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity||We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.|
|Systems Thinking||We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.|
|Strategic Thinking and Judgment||We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.|
|Vision Setting||We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.|
|Self-Awareness||We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.|
|We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support. We give more freedom and demonstrate belief and trust, underpinned with appropriate support.|
- Address Salah Al-Din Tikrit
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam salary scale USD As per Oxfam salary scale Month
- How to apply OXFAM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation. TO APPLY: As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. For more details about this consultancy, please visit the job advert using below link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/meal-intern---tikrit-int8610/17389/description/ Application only should be WORD-PDF format. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. About us Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy a life free from poverty. Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
- Job Reference INT8610