|The MEAL officer will work directly with the MEAL Coordinator and relevant team in programme design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting within the NPA programmes in Iraq. S/he will be responsible for providing support and contributing in the development and implementing of MEAL plans; development of MEAL tools; training of partners staff in key MEAL concepts and skills; and documentation and dissemination of key learnings from MEAL and research results in support of the objectives and outcomes of the programmes.
· Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Written & verbal proficiency in English and Arabic.
· University degree in Social Science, Political Science, Business Administration, Economics, Management, or in a related area is preferred.
· Experience with working in partnerships.
· Proactive with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, handle pressure, improvise, and be a good team player.
· Creative thinking, problem-solving orientation, accountability for results.
The MEAL Officer is required to primarily support the development and implementation of MEAL systems throughout NPA’s Programmes. This position is under the direct line management of MEAL Coordinator and is based in Baghdad, Iraq with frequent travel within different programmes implementation areas in the country with focus on central and southern parts. The position is responsible for implementing MEAL-related activities in consultation with the relevant project staff throughout NPA’s programmes. The position will provide direct support to NPA’s partners to develop quality internal systems and monitoring tools and outcomes.
Assessment and Research:
· Support MEAL and programme in conducting field assessments to identify key response gaps in areas related to programme implementation, as and when needed.
· Support in conducting qualitative analysis of data conducted through KIIs, FGDs, workshops or other methods.
· As guided by the MEAL Coordinator, support in carrying out assessments using a range of methods and sources of data based on the project’s needs.
· Develop assessment and survey questionnaires for NPA projects using specific software such as Kobo toolbox and other data collection tools, and ensure that NPA is up to date on data management tools and that field teams are well trained on these tools.
• Based on data received from MEAL and program teams, update and produce quarterly/ annual indicators tracking sheet and share the same with MEAL Manager for review.
• Work closely with MEAL and programme team to ensure discrepancies in data are resolved by using standard procedures.
• Support documentation for data management system electronically and ensure accessibility to relevant teams.
• Analyse data and generate different reports and data for NPA projects, as needed, and share with MEAL Coordinator for review and dissemination.
• Coordinate closely with NPA partners, in coordination with NPA programme and MEAL team, to ensure the data received is accurate and up to date.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning:
• Implement monitoring and evaluation procedures and systems with direct guidance from MEAL Coordinator.
• Support the MEAL Coordinator in developing framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results with support from the supervisor, in line with Log Frames and objectives as defined by the Programme team.
• Support the MEAL Coordinator and programme team in designing and developing logical frameworks and output, outcome and a results-based monitoring systems.
• Contribute to reporting and quality assure all reporting on outputs and results, including implementing monitoring systems in complex situations.
• Conduct monitoring site visits to different project locations project activities to measure performance against the work plan.
• Produce monitoring reports for the events/ sites visited.
• Share the findings of each monitoring visit with the programme team for action on recommendations.
• Support the MEAL team in identifying the events of NPA partners under the development programme for timely monitoring each month.
• Ensure the accountability systems is in place towards beneficiaries, partners and donors.
• Contribute to further development and continuous updating of the accountability system in line with MEAL standards.
• Develop relevant training modules and train staff on MEAL and in project-specific tools and systems to track and document progress against outputs, outcomes and results.
• Work closely with partner MEAL staff or focal points and provide support as appropriate with regard to monitoring the results frameworks and progress markers.
• Provide training to partners and support them in setting up own MEAL mechanisms.
• Contribute to organizational development of local partners, including support in developing systems to track progress on capacity building and organizational development of partners.
|Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation or Authority, Quality Management and Guidelines for the NPA Iraq-Syria Office.|
|• The MEAL Officer is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
• All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks including vetting and due diligence.
- How to apply Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date November 18, 2023. Please mention the vacancy title: MEAL Officer -Baghdad in subject box of your email, CVs received after the closing date will not be considered. Note: - Only CVs in word or PDF format will be accepted. Any links to CVs will not be considered. - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Reference MEAL Officer -Baghdad