Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
Islamic Relief Iraq is implementing an Supporting a Resilient Economic Recovery by Strengthening Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Creating Job Opportunities for Young Graduates in Iraq – Thi Qar; therefore, we are seeking a potential MEAL officer to perform the task assigned task in the mentioned areas.
Objective 1. Setting up the system
- Assist in the revision of the project logframe, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement,
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant,
- Develop the overall framework, for project MEAL, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project MEAL Plan with relevant data collection systems,
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation,
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators,
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on MEAL and for any computer-based support that may be required.
Objective 2. Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results,
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within the organization,
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the Program Manager,
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data,
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations.
Objective 3. Implementation MEAL and coordination
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators,
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings,
- Project MEAL report submission,
- Baseline and End line reports submission,
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using MEAL findings,
- Assist with Needs Assessments, researches, strategy objectives monitoring,
- Assist with data gathering and compilation for Public Relations Department,
- Feedback Mechanism managing and reporting in coordination with Program manager/Head of Mission.
Objective 4. Communication
- Produce reports on MEAL findings and prepare presentations based on MEAL data as required,
- Provide the Programme unit with management information he/she may require,
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap,
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the MEAL Coordinator.
- A) EDUCATION/TRAINING
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
- B) EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of MEAL working with INGOs/NGOs.
- Extensive experience in working for NGO or INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point).
- Able to use data collection platforms such as kobo, ODK, CTO…etc.
- D) COMPETENCIES
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and organizing.
- E) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- F) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
- G) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
The recruitment is “subject to signing donor agreement
- Address Al-Mansouriya area, Al-Qadhat neighborhood, house 27
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a prgramme person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Monday, 04:00 pm, 16 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (MEAL Officer) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=6Dbo1Y