|Job Title: MEAL Senior Project Officer||Reports to: Shared Future MEAL Program Manager|
|Department: Shared Future||Salary Grade: 8|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial (PSS) support for children, and livelihoods support.
About Shared Future
Enabling Durable Solutions for a Cohesive and Diverse Kirkuk and Ninewa Plains, or by its shorter name Shared Future, is a 7.25-year project launched in June 2018. In Phase I and II, the project implemented social cohesion and livelihoods programing, to support families returning to the Ninewa Plains with durable returns, after years of displacement caused by the rise and fall of the Islamic State (IS). In Phase III, Shared Future will expand geographically into Kirkuk to support youth livelihoods. This phase of the project will also emphasize a positive youth development approach in both Ninewa and Kirkuk, engaging emerging adults and late adolescents (14-17s), to expand reach to younger youth. This approach seeks to create an environment where youth can achieve their full potential and contribute to the development of their communities and, in turn, durable solutions.
As a member of the MEAL project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of CRS’ work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Program Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Senior Project Officer (SPO) is responsible for leading Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability processes throughout project activities. The SPO will be responsible for field-level MEAL project needs and will compile findings based on process and performance monitoring and evidence-based data to show the project’s performance. The MEAL SPO will serve as a key support in designing, implementing, and making timely adjustments to strengthen project MEAL systems based on best practices and CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Oversee the project data management structure and processes from tool design and data collections to data analysis and interpretation. Uphold data quality in line with CRS and donor requirements and best practices.
- Report and reflect on challenges and/or gaps identified and suggest adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps and suggest adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Serve as a liaison to partner MEAL staff for programming activities, assisting staff and partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences and strengthen MEAL systems, policies, and approaches.
- Oversee and support MEAL and project staff in timely implementation of monitoring framework and tools, to ensure quality and consistent information is available on program performance and impact.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures.
- Identify and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of Engineering, Statistics, or Research would be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of MEAL and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; strong familiarity with data collection, analysis and visualization tools (i.e., CommCare, Kobo Toolbox, or similar) preferred.
Required Languages – Spoken and written Arabic fluency and spoken/written English professional proficiency is required. Knowledge of Shabaki, Turkmen, or Kurdish is a plus.
Travel – The position is based in Mosul or Erbil with up to 50% travel to project sites in Ninewa and Kirkuk, as allowed by local and national health regulations. Must be willing and able to travel domestically up to 50%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: MEAL Project Officer, MEAL Field Officer
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Shared Future MEAL Program Manager; MEAL Project Manager; MEAL Project Officer, MEAL Field Officers; Peacebuilding Program Manager, Livelihoods Program Manager, MEAL Technical Support Unit (MSTU) staff, Community Mobilisers, Field Workers and Procurement and Finance staff.
External: Project partners including Caritas Iraq and Iraqi Al-Amal Association; other operational partners and colleague organizations; local government; UN agencies and relevant sector leads
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- This position is contingent upon donor funding.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply Please submit your CV as a PDF, other formats rather than PDF will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application. You can apply via the link below: https://crsiraqcareers.crs.org/job?id=177