Swiss Church Aid (HEKS/EPER) is an international non-profit aid organization with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland and works in more than 30 countries in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Swiss Church Aid (HEKS/EPER) country office in Iraq wants to recruit a MEAL Supervisor for the country office.
General job description:
HEKS/EPER Iraq is seeking someone with the experience and commitment to help us measure the progress and impact of our program in Iraq mission. As the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Supervisor, s/he will help us with implementation and alignment of our global MEAL processes in-country. This role is instrumental in providing technical support to our mission in Iraq as needed.
Under direct management of the DHoD/HoD and technical backup of the HEKS MEAL team, the MEAL Supervisor supports Program teams in implementing safe, dignified and efficient activities for beneficiaries. S/he accompanies Program teams in the field and ensures the MEAL guidelines are respected and that MEAL templates and tools are properly used. S/he ensures the data collection is done properly during assessments, distributions and monitoring surveys. S/he also ensures implementing partners, daily workers and contractors are aware of MEAL standards.
HEKS/EPER expects its personnel to behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of HEKS/EPER and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
HEKS/EPER intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion, or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Planning and organization
- Apply safety standards, monitor the context. In case of a critical situation, communicate necessary information to the direct supervisor.
- In collaboration with the DHoD/HoD , work accordingly to HEKS procedures, and program tools established during the mission are respected.
- In collaboration with the DHoD/HoD support the basic functioning of the field base and assist other departments in needs assessments.
MEAL activity implementation
- Collaborate with stakeholders in his/her area of intervention and facilitate activities and identify needs.
- Promote humanitarian principles and the common speech of HEKS/EPER to facilitate acceptance by local communities.
- Ensure adequate use of MEAL tools (database, spreadsheets, questionnaires, assessment forms, etc.) in order to contribute to continual improvement and strengthening of the data management system.
- Ensure proper understanding of MEAL guidelines and methodology at base level.
- Define sampling size for assessments and PDM, with support from DHoD/HoD.
- Along with IM Assistant, review data in the system to make sure it is correctly entered.
- Analyze database and provide feedback to program teams on project performances.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement of the data management system.
- Liaise with local partners and Program teams to identify and promote referral pathways.
- Ask feedback from Program teams on MEAL activities (difficulties, possible solutions, changing approach, etc.)
- Train and support implementing partners (sub-grantees) if available, in collaboration with DHoD, on MEAL guidelines and tools, and make sure they correctly provide required documents.
MEAL reporting & follow-up
- Report on the progress of MEAL activities on a daily basis, by updating database and sharing key information with Line manager.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the DHoD/HoD.
- Support Program teams in assessment reports and activity reports.
- Participate in the field work.
- Provide weekly or monthly reports as needed or requested by the DHoD/HoD;
- Contribute to lessons learning sessions, make feedback on the quality of the activities implemented in a result-oriented way, to improve the assistance provided to beneficiaries.
Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills.
Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science, statistics, humanitarian affairs, computer science or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience, including in data entry or management.
- Any professional certificates related to data management or M&E.
- Experience with online surveys, such as Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey, KOBO, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Experience working within an international NGO is preferred, at least two years.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Excellent numeracy skills, including comfort with a range of basic arithmetic calculations.
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Ability to cope with stress, including working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Commitment to and understanding of HEKS/EPER’s vision, mission, values, and principles.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Must be culturally and gender-sensitive both in personal interactions and communication.
Understanding of the development and humanitarian contexts in Iraq. Knowledge of Iraqi’s regions would be an advantage.
- How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their Application CV and Cover Letter to the address: [email protected] Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. specifying in the e-mail subject: HEKS/IRQ23002 Only PDF applications will be considered. Please note that any late application or incomplete submission after the closure date will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Job Reference HEKS/IRQ23002