TERMS OF REFERENCE
Partners’ Capacity Building in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
The capacity building is planned as part of the project entitled Naseej – Connecting Voices and Action to End Violence Against Women and Girls in the MENA Region and targets women’s rights organisations participating in the project in Iraq.
- Purpose and Objectives
The capacity building will focus on the following key themes:
– Appropriate structure of a partner MEAL department and skill set required.
– Design of a logical framework for interventions focusing on the elimination of gender-based violence (GBV); the use of a logical framework as project management tool.
– SMART indicators in GBV interventions; quantitative and qualitative methods used in data collection.
– Transparent beneficiary selection criteria.
– Beyond activities – reporting on change in interventions addressing GBV.
– Identification and reporting success stories and best practices.
The selected consultant is expected to deliver two three-day in-person training workshops in Anbar (Ramadi) and Diyala (location TBC) respectively. Each training group will include up to 15 individuals with varied skills. The training plan should include a combination of presentatations and practical exercises (with emphasis on practice). The consultant will also assess participants’ skills and knowledge through a pre-training and post-training tests. The training plan will be developed in English and training materials in Arabic. The workshops will be delivered in person in Arabic and English, where relevant.
The completion of the assignment includes following deliverables:
– Detailed training plan (English)
– Training materials (Arabic)
– 2 three-day in-person workshops (Arabic, English)
– Pre-test (Arabic, English)
– Post-test (Arabic, English)
– List of indicators to measure partners’ progress in MEAL-related skills to be used during the final evaluation (English)
- Supervision and Management
The assignment will be suprvised by the Naseej Project Manager in close coordiantion with Partners Focal Points in Diyala and Anbar. The final payment will be released upon written approval of all deliverables by the Naseej Project Manager.
- Time Frame
The assignment is expected to be carried in January 2022. The timeline will be refined with the selected consultant.
A work plan and financial plan will be submitted by the consultant.
Knowledge and Experience
– Training and facilitation skills
– Experience in delivering training with th focus on MEAL
– Fluency in English and Arabic
– Ability to travel
– Knowledge of project/programme cycle management
– Familiarity with interventions aiming to end gender-based violence in Iraq
– Familiary with Oxfam’s mission; adherence to the organizational code of conduct and safe programming principles
- Address Ankawa
- How to apply Interested individuals, with relevant experience and skills based on the ToR, can submit their Expression of Interest (EOI), including the following: 1.Cover letter of no more than 1 page introducing the consultant and intention to deliver the assignment. The cover letter should also indicate the consultants’ availability for the proposed period. 2.The technical proposal should provide details on proposed methodology responding to the ToR and the deliverables; capacity in line with the competencies required for the assignment, including references to experience with similar assignments; CV of the individual directly involved in the assignment, including their specific roles; and three professional referees. A technical proposal should not be longer than 7 pages, excluding annexes. 3.The financial proposal includes a one-page budget of the offer, covering all major anticipated costs. An accompanying work plan must be submitted too. 4.Statement on the willingness to follow Oxfam’s Code of Conduct and guidance regarding safe programming. Please submit the EOI and other documents by midnight Iraq time by 17 January 2022 to [email protected] with MEAL Capacity Building - Naseej in the subject line. No EOIs will be accepted after the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All questions or clarifications of a technical nature are to be sent to: [email protected] no later than 17 January 2022, 5 pm. Interested applicants can collect the Terms of Reference (TOR) at Oxfam in Iraq Country Office, starting from 10 January 2022 (during working hours). Alternatively, the Oxfam Logistics team can send the ToR via email upon request. This invitation to tender has been issued for the sole purpose of obtaining offers for the provision of the services requested in this TOR. Oxfam reserves the right not to enter in or award a contract as a result of this invitation to tender. Oxfam also reserves the right to terminate any contract issued as a result of this invitation to tender as set out in the contract terms and conditions.
- Job Reference INT8861