- Company background
Van Company for Industrial Investment and General Trading was established in (1999) and gained preference and distinction among companies, in 2020 the decision has been made to establish Van Steel to be the largest plant in Iraq. Van Steel is a rebar-making plant, situated in Timar Industrial Zone in the city of Erbil. Our facility is dedicated to producing high-quality construction reinforcement rebars spanning from 8 to 32 mm utilizing the latest technology of the Arc Furnace.
- Job Description / Assignment
Van Steel is recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to support Van Steel Engineering needs in Erbil office/factory.
Overall purpose of the role: The Mechanical Engineer will be supporting Managers in operations by preparing and updating drawings, archiving in compliance with Van Steel requirements.
- Archiving and follow up of daily duties.
- Creating or amending mechanical parts drawings
- Ensure high-quality solutions that meet industry standards and client requirements.
- Lead and oversee the design and analysis of complex mechanical systems and components in the project.
- Manage the mechanical team to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Oversee the development of prototypes, conduct testing, and validate mechanical designs for functionality and safety.
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation, including technical drawings and specifications.
- Analyze project costs, propose cost-effective design improvements, and manage budgets effectively.
- Ensure all mechanical designs and products comply with industry regulations and standards.
- Provide technical expertise and innovative solutions in mechanical engineering.
- Identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems.
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
- Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of previous Mechanical Engineering experience in a similar position. Previous work experience for a similar industry would be an asset.
- High experience with AutoCAD, solid works.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and analysis.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, internet.
- Strong working knowledge of English, Kurdi, (spoken and written). Turkish and Arabic would be an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with all department staff.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- How to apply Only applicants who apply as per the below details will be shortlisted. • We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage everyone to apply. We particularly encourage women to apply and contribute to our diverse and inclusive work environment. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. • Deadline of submission: 21st November 2023 23:59 • All applications must include the following (In English and in PDF format only): o Detailed CV o Cover Letter (explaining suitability for the position) o Email body • Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the following subject line: “Mechanical Engineer” • Van Steel reserves the right to close the announcement prior to the stated deadline as applications are screened on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. • Incomplete applications and wrong title formats will not be considered.