Looking for Iraqi national for one of our Operator client in Basra Iraq :
Facilities Management – Business Support
Responsibility for People?
Technical Staff with Contractor supervisory & Quality Assurance responsibilities
Full time 5 days on / 2 days off
Reporting to the Technical Facilities Manager & Facilities Manager the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for ensuring completion of all mechanical aspects of minor new works projects, planned preventative, reactive maintenance and mechanical repairs as directed. Working as part of a small team of skilled engineers the Mechanical Engineer will be required to use judgement and experience to ensure all mechanical and building services tasks are completed to a high standard with regards to; quality assurance, compliance and safety. The team’s Mechanical Engineers are responsible for the day to day supervision of contractor works, operational maintenance and availability of infrastructure facilities and life support services. The Mechanical Engineer will be required to visit Base locations and sites throughout the Field as part of his duties.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring infrastructure is maintained and kept in accordance with business Standards.
- Installation of new mechanical components / parts is compliant.
- Carrying out quality inspections and mechanical testing of new installations and completed contractor worksites.
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns.
- Identifying and diagnosis of mechanical faults on site or arranging for replacement machinery or equipment to be installed by contractors or on-site mechanical technicians.
- Keeping managers informed of progress and issues with mechanical projects, maintenance and planned works.
- Being available on a rotational basis to provide 24-hour maintenance cover if required by the Technical Facilities Manager, in exceptional circumstances.
- Being capable and competent to plan and design minor modifications to mechanical installations in accordance with maintenance instructions and building services codes of practice & regulations.
- Responsibility for completing all works in accordance with a safe system of works involving mechanical isolations, locking off equipment and proving dead.
- Inspect and test completed contractor works prior to handover to ensure quality of workmanship and compliance to specification and mechanical installation best practice.
- Advising departments and contractors with regards to best international practice, compliance with regulations, methods of works and equipment suitability.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Specifying, Identifying, and ordering mechanical material and parts to maintain business continuity.
Experience and Qualifications
Essential: Candidates must have formal qualifications and experience in mechanical design, repair, maintenance and be able to demonstrate a good level of competence in the following:
• Mechanical and building services including:
- Fuels distribution and storage.
- Domestic water distribution and storage.
- Grey and black water pipework systems.
- Diesel Powered generation plant.
- Pump and compressor plant.
- Reverse Osmosis water treatment plant.
- Packaged sewage treatment plant.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Basic mechanical and building services fault finding and diagnosis.
• Competent in advanced mechanical fault finding.
• Mechanical design, basic calculations including cable sizing, Mechanical loads, sizing and suitability of equipment for installation.
• Contractor management, supervision of site works, UK health and safety regulations
Additional Skills & Character
• Computer literate and able to use MS Word, Excel, Planner and Outlook well.
• Able to use and complete basic drawings using MS Visio or ACAD.
• Able to communicate both verbally and in written English language at all levels.
• Driving licence.
• Good managerial and technical skills.
• Able to interpret engineering drawings and principles.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• The ability and confidence to enforce and maintain a high standard of health and safety legislation.
• The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team.
• Healthy and active.
• The ability to manage a varied workload.
• Experience and knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations.
• Self-motivated and keen to succeed with an ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Experience in managing and supervising a team of technicians.
• Methodical problem solver who can motivate others to work as a team and produce results.
The role requires a strong communicator with smart appearance, excellent written and verbal English and Arabic language skills with ability to command the respect of his team. Experience of working with established Internationally recognised Companies within the Middle East would be an advantage.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.